VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Form Sf 36 Questionnaire And Ssdi

Rate this topic

I just completed a month of Cardio Rehab after having a heart attack. Surgery and Rehab was at a civilian hospital and thanks to SSDI Medicare covered the bill.

At this final Rehab session I was given a form to fill out (SF 36), a 36 question survey with things like "How far can you walk - one mile, one block?" or "do you have difficulty bending, kneeling or stooping" and "have you felt downhearted and blue?" I hope it was just some kind of exit questionnaire, but I worry that the form could get sent to SS and be used as some kind of disability evaluation. All in all, I think my responses indicate my limited ambulation, physical abilities and mental delema - but I am worried about what the form will be used for. Does anybody know?

Riverman

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Morgan
I just completed a month of Cardio Rehab after having a heart attack. Surgery and Rehab was at a civilian hospital and thanks to SSDI Medicare covered the bill.

At this final Rehab session I was given a form to fill out (SF 36), a 36 question survey with things like "How far can you walk - one mile, one block?" or "do you have difficulty bending, kneeling or stooping" and "have you felt downhearted and blue?" I hope it was just some kind of exit questionnaire, but I worry that the form could get sent to SS and be used as some kind of disability evaluation. All in all, I think my responses indicate my limited ambulation, physical abilities and mental delema - but I am worried about what the form will be used for. Does anybody know?

Riverman

Riverman,

Last night, I found a great Web site about SS disability. You might find some helpful information there--particularly, about ambulation. I was pretty surprised about the amount of information I found there that is helpful in any disability claim. Some of it is very clinical, but to me, important to know.

Check out http://www.disabilitydoc.com.

Good luck with your recovery.

Carrie

Thanks Carrie,

That is a lot of info up there. I guess we all know something about the VA rules/regs/procedures, but when it comes to the SSDI stuff I for one am LOST. Filling out the darn form at the Rehab made me feel uncomfortable and I think I was the only disabled vet they ever layed their eyes on. I detected some resentment about my collecting the benefits and Medicare. Oh well, its too late now - if my head would have been screwed on right I would NOT have filled out the form, or told them I'll mail it in. They are just a hospital, not the law or the Social Security. Thanks again.

Riverman

ps - any info anyone else has would be appreciated.

Guest Morgan
Thanks Carrie,

That is a lot of info up there. I guess we all know something about the VA rules/regs/procedures, but when it comes to the SSDI stuff I for one am LOST. Filling out the darn form at the Rehab made me feel uncomfortable and I think I was the only disabled vet they ever layed their eyes on. I detected some resentment about my collecting the benefits and Medicare. Oh well, its too late now - if my head would have been screwed on right I would NOT have filled out the form, or told them I'll mail it in. They are just a hospital, not the law or the Social Security. Thanks again.

Riverman

ps - any info anyone else has would be appreciated.

You're welcome, Riverman.

I wish you the very best.

Carrie