Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
Sign in to follow this  
jriverman

Form Sf 36 Questionnaire And Ssdi

I just completed a month of Cardio Rehab after having a heart attack. Surgery and Rehab was at a civilian hospital and thanks to SSDI Medicare covered the bill.

At this final Rehab session I was given a form to fill out (SF 36), a 36 question survey with things like "How far can you walk - one mile, one block?" or "do you have difficulty bending, kneeling or stooping" and "have you felt downhearted and blue?" I hope it was just some kind of exit questionnaire, but I worry that the form could get sent to SS and be used as some kind of disability evaluation. All in all, I think my responses indicate my limited ambulation, physical abilities and mental delema - but I am worried about what the form will be used for. Does anybody know?

Riverman

Ad

Guest Morgan
I just completed a month of Cardio Rehab after having a heart attack. Surgery and Rehab was at a civilian hospital and thanks to SSDI Medicare covered the bill.

At this final Rehab session I was given a form to fill out (SF 36), a 36 question survey with things like "How far can you walk - one mile, one block?" or "do you have difficulty bending, kneeling or stooping" and "have you felt downhearted and blue?" I hope it was just some kind of exit questionnaire, but I worry that the form could get sent to SS and be used as some kind of disability evaluation. All in all, I think my responses indicate my limited ambulation, physical abilities and mental delema - but I am worried about what the form will be used for. Does anybody know?

Riverman

Riverman,

Last night, I found a great Web site about SS disability. You might find some helpful information there--particularly, about ambulation. I was pretty surprised about the amount of information I found there that is helpful in any disability claim. Some of it is very clinical, but to me, important to know.

Check out http://www.disabilitydoc.com.

Good luck with your recovery.

Carrie

Thanks Carrie,

That is a lot of info up there. I guess we all know something about the VA rules/regs/procedures, but when it comes to the SSDI stuff I for one am LOST. Filling out the darn form at the Rehab made me feel uncomfortable and I think I was the only disabled vet they ever layed their eyes on. I detected some resentment about my collecting the benefits and Medicare. Oh well, its too late now - if my head would have been screwed on right I would NOT have filled out the form, or told them I'll mail it in. They are just a hospital, not the law or the Social Security. Thanks again.

Riverman

ps - any info anyone else has would be appreciated.

Guest Morgan
Thanks Carrie,

That is a lot of info up there. I guess we all know something about the VA rules/regs/procedures, but when it comes to the SSDI stuff I for one am LOST. Filling out the darn form at the Rehab made me feel uncomfortable and I think I was the only disabled vet they ever layed their eyes on. I detected some resentment about my collecting the benefits and Medicare. Oh well, its too late now - if my head would have been screwed on right I would NOT have filled out the form, or told them I'll mail it in. They are just a hospital, not the law or the Social Security. Thanks again.

Riverman

ps - any info anyone else has would be appreciated.

You're welcome, Riverman.

I wish you the very best.

Carrie