VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Had VBA Hearing Today (what to expect next)

Rate this question

bamalamadingdong

Question

Today I had my VBA Video Hearing........I brought in 5 DBQ's some for up grades and some for service connections. 

I had not been able to submit my DBQ's the last couple month on ebenefits due to some glitch in the system. and because I had an old attorney listed as my representative and the DAV would not help me since this old attorney was still listed in the system. So I was stuck on my own. But I was prepared.  

I brought the DBQ's to my hearing but they were not able to see them since, I could only reference them to him. The VBA Hearing guy told me to have the people at the office there submit them for me after my hearing. So I gave them to a guy at the main office up front and he time stamped them and I got a time stamped copy as well. 

My questions are this......

Does the guy who did my hearing look at my DBQ's or does someone else to make the final evaluation.....

Whats the weight of DBQ's as compared to what I said in the hearing?.....Aren't the DBQ's  a more accurate and medical opinion depiction of each Diagnosis.....There was no way I could explain each DBQ's medical terms...All the DBQ's stated  it was more likely than not service connected.     

How long before I hear something back from the hearing?

Whats the next step if they don't upgrade something or grant service connection even though its all there. As it has been all along but always overlooked.?  

Edited by bamalamadingdong

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

what is your docket number?

did you ask for advancement on Docket?

as far as i know,,, the veterans law judge makes notes during hearing then a legal aid goes through all claims then the legal aid suggests a response from the judge. though ive also heard that the judge hearing your case is not always the judge that signs off on the decisions.