VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stressor questions

Rate this question

Rootbeer112

Question

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question about my NOD for PTSD and Migraines. I had a person from my VARO call me and ask me about a truck accident I witnessed in the Marine Corp. The only thing is I never listed this as a stressor, it was just brought up during one of my appointments, yet they asked about it as a stressor, when I listed two other occurrences such as an airplane crash and gave all the necessary information about the crash, and when I asked he said he had all that information. Any thoughts on why they would do that, and what about the stressors I listed?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

@Rootbeer112 jmo - anytime the VARO calls and asked question it means they are working your claim =Good Asking you about additional stressors is better - they may be attempting to verify your stressor. With the internet these days and archived military records that is very easy to do. 

1 hour ago, L said:

@Rootbeer112 jmo - anytime the VARO calls and asked question it means they are working your claim =Good Asking you about additional stressors is better - they may be attempting to verify your stressor. With the internet these days and archived military records that is very easy to do. 

L I got that, I guess what I was wondering was, why did they ask about something I didn't list as a stressor, it was just a discussion myself and one of my Psychologists had. I hope it's good haha, could sure use that someday also.