VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No C&P for Secondary claim

Rate this question

sgtsy2017

Question

I applied for Sleep Apnea secondary to PTSD (Aggravation). I submitted a FDC on 9/17/17 with the following evidence

• Nexus Letter provided by my VA doctor stating " it is more likely than not Mr. xxxxx Sleep Apnea aggravates his PTSD and his PTSD aggravates his Sleep Apnea".
  • DBQ filled out from my VA Pulmonologist stating "Veterans PTSD and Sleep Apnea is at least additive"
  • VA Sleep Study showing Dx of Severe Sleep Apnea.
  • Evidence showing prescribed CPAP from VA
  • Statement in Support of Claim from Wife, and fellow NCO I served with observing my symptoms.
  • 2 Studies providing link of Sleep Apnea and PTSD in returning Iraq/Afghanistan Veteran

On  Ebenefits my claim status went from Under Review to Preperation for decision without a C&P Exam scheduled. My question, is it possible I provided enough evidence to grant my claim? Or it is just being denied very quickly?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

sometime ago, I filed both Sleep Apnea and PTSD in one claim. PTSD came back approved and SA disapproved.

did some research and filed SA as a separate FDC, secondary to PTSD. No C&P, and it was approved fairly quickly.

best of luck to you

The RO can review your VA medical file for this. If you provided the Nexus for the secondary condition, and the exam was sufficient to show everything the DBQ required, its a judgement call by the RO.

Yet, the EBenefits site has been see-sawing a lot lately. Those status levels seem to rapidly change back and forth like this more in the last few months than they used to. Sit tight, don't count the chickens before the eggs hatch. You will know it is solid when they claim is closed and you get the BBE.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use