VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PSA on the "Decision Ready Claim" program

Rate this question

LanceJoseph

Question

Hey all, just wanted to share an email I received this morning, Still collecting some information on this program. Going to be making some calls throughout the day and see what I can find out. Hoping maybe this can give some other options for some people looking to file new claims. It seems that a claim that supposedly can be decided on in 30 days or less would need alot of preparation before hand such as an IMO, I don't see how they can schedule a C&P if they cant get me a dental appointment close than two months out. If you have any extra info on this feel free to share! thanks all and have a great day!

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 9.56.53 AM.png

Edited by LanceJoseph

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

1 answer to this question

No, the DRC process is slower than traditional filing. The time for the rater to just rate the claim is far less than 30 days.

It's just a huge bureaucratic win. All kinds of 'exclusions', and rules- exactly what the FDC process has become.

I've entered hundreds of exams- My buddy down in the VFW has done zero. You can't hold him accountable when (not if) he messes up, but you could me. In other words, it moves responsibility (and the labor!) from the VA to the very people who are supposed to BE WATCHING THE VA!!!

Understanding the Decision Ready Claims Process

I did bring this up in our RO's DRC training- If looks could kill ...