VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diagnostic Evaluation Of Dyspnea ...atten:(stretch)

Rate this topic

Guest allan

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• In Memoriam

This is a good article. I have a number of things listed below that are in this article pertaining to lung disease. Do you think that this article will change anything if I send it in to the VA?

1. deviated nasal septum (100% Physical nasal obstruction 1969 through 1975--Then operation...civilian Doctor..nasal partially blocked now..Same Doctor/Surgeon, who did surgery, IMO's for relationship of Service injury 2003, 2004, 2005).

2. Plural Scarring (noted on 1986 VA denial for my 1984 claim.)...(asbestos).

3. Low back pain.

4. Chess Pain both sides of heart (Dr. said that it could be the COPD).

5 Stomach acid going into my throat and lungs when laying down (DR. said no that can't happen??)

6. Anxiety disorder paralleling asthma breathing attacks or Restrictive Airway disease. (Fluoxetine)(discontinued Gabapentin).

7. Trauma in service 1969 (SMR)

8. Taking Simvastatin for cholesterol.

9. PN Hands and Feet. (mostly feet).

10. DLCO........% of Ref = 48......2005

11. FEV-1.......% of Ref = 30......2005

12. FEV-1...... % of CHG = 37.....2005

13 Tonsils removed 1975 due to chronic tonsillitis and throat infections (Civilian doctor). Chronic from 1969 (SHAD..Shh)

14. Dr. Interpretation of condition 2005 VA. Seems like my lungs are getting better every year. The VA seems to being says less and less with each Diagnosis each year.

15. New doctor says that I don't need oxygen.

16. Psychiatrist asked me why I am not on Oxygen. I told him what the new Doc said. Psychiatrist said, "Doesn't she know that you can't go out and exercise." I told him I didn't think about it at the time, and I felt like I was being rushed, by the new Doc.

17. Dr. Interpretation of condition 2004 VA. ILD/COPD interstiual lung disease (asbestos).

18. Dr. Interpretation of condition 2003 Civilian. No Significant response to Bronchia Dialator (?) Maybe I should show this to the VA 2004..2005, as the conditions are worsening, but VA says there is a more significant improvement with the Brochial Dialator. I thought the VA was making the improvment up, because I could tell no difference after a puff. Low oxygen content in the blood is referred to as hypoxaemia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoxaemia

19. Doc says Borderline Diabetes.

20. About 17% weight loss over 2 years VA monitored?

21. Constant temperature of 95 Degrees (?) The Vital sign guys say, this is normal. I thought 98.6 was normal.

22. Sores don't heal.

23. Frequency.

24. Dizziness sometimes disoriented.

25. Sleep apnea. Triaz. One doc says yes to C-Pap, One doc says no. I can't wear that thing at night, I flip around too much.

26. Tinnitus doesn't help.

27. New Doctor drug tested me last time I was in. I am going to make a special appointment, to find out what the results, of my drug tests were. I did have a drunk dream about a week ago. Hehehe.

This article brings things more into perspective. Seems like the VA doctors are nothing but number crunchers. I had to find out this information through FOIA, they didn't tell me anything. The doc just says as little as possible. I have to rely on other Project 112/SHAD VETS for help. This really gives me an uneasy feeling, like maybe something is very wrong and that the VA doesn't want to say.

Serevent helps breathing, and so does the Guaifenesin (Musinex) help breathing. I have learned a lot from other Veterans and Hadit especially.

Hey, it has been this way for 35+, except for the 95 temp ? and weight loss ?, don't worry about me. If I have to get out, I get on the 4-wheeler (Quad), and I make it my legs. No traffic and I live on a new and improved dirt road..hehe. I don't go very fast though.

I am more worried about my buddies than I am about me. What gripes me, is that one of my buddies has diabetes (AO); he is working; has insurance; he would rather slide down a 50' razor blade than to ever go to the VA. Even when I mentioned VA to him, he thought it was repulsive.

I have a preponderance of evidence. It is as though the People who are looking, at the evidence, are similar to the Pin-Ball Wizard. I am going to borrow money and get more IMO's.

Thanks Allen