VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Ready Claim time line??

Rate this question

pattimelt

Question

How long will this REALLY take??  I saw my VSO officer and did the paperwork on Feb 6.  He needed a copy of my marriage certificate (which I had to order and wait on, since it was over 20 years ago!) so all paperwork was complete as of Feb 20.  Yes, I know it's only been 3 days, but I wonder if it's true that it will only take 30 days for this to resolve itself.  It's an easy one, I swear!!

Was told I finally met the requirements for my total knee replacement-- I was originally told I would need TKR at age 35, and I will be 55 in September!!!  Only been 20 years!!    I was also told that since it is my service connection, once it was confirmed that I needed one, to file for an increase, as once you are found to need it, you will go up to 30%, then you get 100% for surgery and rehab until you are "normal" again, and then back to 30% once you have recovered.  The VSO even gave me the paperwork to have my doc sign the day of the surgery, so that my hubby can get it signed and then take it down to the VSO at the hospital and they will turn it in for me.. 

So how long is the DRC process REALLY??  Is it 30 days??  Is it 6 months??  Is it "hope and pray you get it before you have your surgery or die, whatever comes first"??

Thanks guys!!!

1 answer to this question