Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024-2.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

? On Filing An Increase... Back Pain, And Sciatica Has Grown Worse

Rate this question


10thFO

Question

Hello there, I'm currently rated at 50% for PTSD, and 30% for DDD of the lumbar and thorac spine. 10% for tinunits and another 10% for a compression fracture. Recently (past year) both of my legs have gone numb with my feet. I had an EMG last month that showed nerve damage to my right foot. I also have had an MRI done that shows cervical problems as well. I was denied back in 2003 for Neck Strain, but I have found in my records where the doctor stated that I problably had radiculopathy caused by the neck. I don't know whether to file for an increase including the neck as secondary, or as a service connected because I have found several records in my Service Records that had me being seen by physical therapy for neck strain, and numbness and tingling in my hand from carrying a rucksack.

Would I try and use the MRI from this May to prove that there was a problem, or just pass it off as secondary.

Secondly, with Nueropathy and Radiculopathy, can you only get 10% combined for all areas??? This system really seems screwed to me, as with the 50% for PTSD and 60% for IVDS (if I were to get it) even with 2-3 ohter claims at 10% I still can only get to 90%. I have a feeling that I will never reach the 100% without the TDIU.

I have no problem filing for the TDIU since I haven't been working, but my wife is upset because she feels she will still be working and i'll be at home on my ass.

Yes she still doesn't get the PTSD part to well. Told me to shake it off just the other day. Any help would be appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • HadIt.com Elder
Hello there, I'm currently rated at 50% for PTSD, and 30% for DDD of the lumbar and thorac spine. 10% for tinunits and another 10% for a compression fracture. Recently (past year) both of my legs have gone numb with my feet. I had an EMG last month that showed nerve damage to my right foot. I also have had an MRI done that shows cervical problems as well. I was denied back in 2003 for Neck Strain, but I have found in my records where the doctor stated that I problably had radiculopathy caused by the neck. I don't know whether to file for an increase including the neck as secondary, or as a service connected because I have found several records in my Service Records that had me being seen by physical therapy for neck strain, and numbness and tingling in my hand from carrying a rucksack.

Would I try and use the MRI from this May to prove that there was a problem, or just pass it off as secondary.

Secondly, with Nueropathy and Radiculopathy, can you only get 10% combined for all areas??? This system really seems screwed to me, as with the 50% for PTSD and 60% for IVDS (if I were to get it) even with 2-3 ohter claims at 10% I still can only get to 90%. I have a feeling that I will never reach the 100% without the TDIU.

I have no problem filing for the TDIU since I haven't been working, but my wife is upset because she feels she will still be working and i'll be at home on my ass.

Yes she still doesn't get the PTSD part to well. Told me to shake it off just the other day. Any help would be appreciated.

10thFO

Other people on the board have really struggled getting ortho added on as secondary. Also the medical principals are probably to complex for people on the board unless someone has specific experience with the same disorder. I have DDD diagnosed with MRI and abnormal EMG. C4/C5, C5/C6, C6/C7, L5/S1. Non of which is service connectable. I would think the easiest approach would be to go for the TDIU. You will still have to 90% schedular. The DDD should put you out of work. No doctor in his right mind would sign a work release with your DDD. It is not a question if you want to work. It is a question if you can legally accept employment. Any employer that hires you without a work release is asking for big legal problems. Tell your wife to work out all the details with an attorney if she wants you to go back to work. Hope you have applied for and are getting SSD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use