Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help...What does this mean?

Rate this question

Gny Skinner

Question

I requested my C-file and received a CD today with 193 pages.  There is no information about my time in the military at all.  I retired in 1999 and this data starts in 2008.  There were a couple of emails and print screens that look like they may have lost all my military medical records and all my prior VA stuff.  I am rated at 10%.  A copy of an email was in there and has codes that I don't understand.  I can't copy and paste it here because it is a print screen so I'm retyping it. What do you make of this?

To: VAVBAMUS/RO/VSC/TRIAGE;

Subject: Documents Pending Scan

Good Afternoon:

The following Veteran shows to have a claim pending with the VBMS documents pending scan banner.  The listed items show nothing.  The COVERS location shows to be Station 376 location CDSS1 but there are obviously documents missing such as STR's and prior rating decisions as this is CESTED as a 020 with percentages of disability listed in the Corporate record.  Any additional information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated as always.  Date of original request was 4/13/018.

I don't know what these codes mean or what this may mean for my current claim.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

It looks like they lost your medical treatment records and your 

disability rating and your claim is setting on somebody desk.

If you have any more information maybe where you were station at

the last place you had medical treatment or something to help locate

your records. It was a lot of vets records got lost or destroyed or burned 

I hope you find them. Good luck

For your medical records, try going to the last hospital you were treated, or your current hospital, and ask them for your records.  Copy those and send them to VA certified mail, return receipt requested.  If they could lose those once, they can lose them again.  

However, first read more of your  cfile, as those records "may" have already been obtained, and the entry you posted was out of date.  Scroll through the whole thing.  

Edited by broncovet

My medical records from the VA are there.  I didn't start going to the VA when I retired because I got another job and went to a civilian DR.  My civilian medical records are also available.  What I haven't been able to get are my 20 years of active duty medical records and anything related to my C-file.  I dug through the 193 pages more and found this:

another print screen of the COVERS screen that shows this info:

data received 2/28/12 PRODADM and confirmed 2/28/12 PRODADM

permanent transfer request 1/17/18

BIRLS info POA: 097

type claim 376 transfer 5/17/08 prior 330

type cer transfer 2/28/12 prior 330

This information looks to me like they originally scanned my data in on 2/28/12.  The date of 5/17/08 doesn't mean anything to me, I didn't file for anything in 2008.  I didn't do anything in 2012 either but I'm just guessing that is when they supposedly scanned my stuff in to the system.

Then I also found 3 other documents:

First is from 1/17/18 from one VA official asking for my c-file.  That is because of my initial request for my information. 

The second is from 4/13/18 from that same VA official to a different person saying "Could you please follow up on the previous request" and he sent a copy of his original request from January.

The third is from 4/16/18 from a person with the title IPC Coach stating "Please locate the c-file and ship to the scanning vendor.  The PTO request from 1/17/18 is still pending."

So, it really looks like they have lost my military medical records.  Will that help me or hurt me? I know I have to prove a military connection for my claims.  Will this make it easier because they can't disprove anything and they have to error on the side of the veteran, OR will it make it harder because I don't have any proof for anything?

Thanks for your input.

Edited by Gny Skinner