VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

for new member chayes

Rate this question

Berta

Question

"I served in the army and was stationed at Ft Wainright fro 1966 - 1968 - I was a airframe repairman in the 568th trans co from nov 1966 to March 1968 . 

My last work their was to install four heaters on what I was told were the first four Uh 1 shipped to alaska from viet nam but that is something I can't verify.

I do have diabetes type two , coronary Disease, high blood pressure, hearing loss, tinnitus,depression and now I am battling prostrate cancer.  ..I draw 10% for tinnitus but got turned down for hearing lost three times . 

Four  of us got drafted and went to Alaska on the buddy plan - one was in the infantry the other was in artillery,the other was an MP. 

two of the four of us has passed , one by heat disease and the other from cancer and now he other one is dieing from Leukemia . 

i was told by the local va rep that if I could find four people that could say they seen me work on the last four planes that they might apply for agent orange as being part of the reason for my health problems but no way can nor do I know who their are . "

If you can post in my profile ,but dont know how, as you said, to post in the forums.you have not read how to use the sight yet-

That is where all the smart people  are-in the public forums here.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

If you worked on C 123s this link and other searchable info here might help:

https://www.hadit.com/presumption-of-herbicide-exposure-and-presumption-of-disability-during-service-for-reservists-presumed-exposed-to-herbicide-hadit-com-veteran-to-veteran-llc/

The actual statement is at the VA web site and here under a search for C 123s Agent Orange or Wes Carter C 123s Agent Orange but that only covers abouty 1500 Airmen reservists-maybe your unit was in support of them somehow-re: the C 123s

Here is the VA skinny on that 

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/locations/residue-c123-aircraft/index.asp

Also if you were with the USA CORPS of Engineers and had exposure due to the spraying at the Alaskan Pipleline - you might be able to get SC for AO.

But I only know of one vet who succeeded that way-

Edited by Berta
spelling