Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA timeline and opting into ramp.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

People are always asking, "How long does it take VA to ...."?

Well, I got vets.gov working (for a change) and it says my 2015 VARO decision appeal is "awaiting a BVA judge"

AND that there are 147,933 appeals AHEAD of me (and this is after 3 years).  And that is with 198,136 total.  It means I have only gone about 1/4 of the way.  

Im glad I opted into RAMP, this may take 8 MORE years.  It used to be that a board appeal took 5 years, now its looking more like 10 years, looking into the future, absent RAMP election which could resolve "some" of the backlog without Board intervention.  

I had been listening to a lawyer, who suggested clients "not" opt into RAMP because of the uncertainty.  

I dont know about you, but, after 3 years and this is all the progress I made, that is quite enough "uncertainty" with the legacy system.  

The "uncertainty" is, of course, "Will I live long enough to appeal this?"  Of course, I dont know the answer to that.  

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

No doubt. I think that in the very least RAMP will at least get one an answer faster than waiting. I have had a 7 yr appeal that I won and then I had been waiting two before opting into ramp. I entered May16 and as of today I am pending dec approval with an estimated completion of 8/24.  Even if I lose at least I can file something else and move on.