VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Side Affects Two Meds

Rate this topic

One I have taken has side affects such as nervousiness, headaches, drowsiness, fatigue, dizziness, and thoughts of hurting yourself, mental or mood change.

The other, headaches, drowsiness, nausea, sweating, diarrhea, upset stomach and (Allergic Reaction) drowsiness, trouble breathing.

Both these were to help me with SC for MDD?

The question is, a lot of the other pills given to me had all or most the same side affects but was not for a SCD. Is it worth the effort to list these drugs to????

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll probably need to start here with what you are either applying for or at least what you wish to accomplish. Need to know; are you filing a new claim, a notice of disagreement, etc.. Are the other meds you take for the mdd or at least another sc condition(s)? If the two meds for mdd have these side effects listed, how many actually occur? Of the others you take, what of these side effects occure.

The you can look at putting together a claim for secondary medical conditions related to a service connected condition(s) depending on what it is. At a minimum I would make darncertain that each doctor knows what you're on just in case they miss it so they don't screw you up even worse!

They had my dad on two different meds for emphasema and darn near killed him.

• HadIt.com Elder

Please keep in mind that Medications that have bad side effects for one may be a blessing to others. That said you probably should list which Meds are goving you a problem and perhaps some who have taken it can share their experience with you.

An example of what I am talking about is some here have had problems with gabapentin which for me has worked very well. I also suffered from some of the cheap anti depressant meds that the VA gave me.