Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

knobloch_270

Question

B) I filed a claim with the VA in 2001 and the first responce was claimed denied because my 214 did not show service in Vietnam even though I was adwarded both ribbons for Vietnam service.I served with Det.1,56th Special Ops Wing,USAF stationed at Udorn,Thailand. My service was not only in Thailand,But Laos also. So,I appealed my case,presented a medal for service in a classified location engageing a hostile enemy forces at a viedo conference in Pittsburgh,Pa. As a result,my case was put on a remand and in 2late 2004 I was adwarded a 10 per cent rating. I filed a NOD on the rating and entered treatment at the local VA center,and in Oct/06 had a C&P exam and was given a GAF of 55. At this present time,my case is at the rating board and I waiting to hear the results.

Also,I have many calls to VA and each time got a different rep. and a different answer each time.Finnialy I made a IRIS inquiry----first answer was no answer at all, I submitted again with more info and dates and the answer was that it still could take awhile. So to you all who have filed claims----be patient and moniter your claims,cause nobody elese will. It sure is a real paper shuflle.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

What they do is, o.k., what they're supposed to do is define your GAF, add your stressors and other reactions in the DSM IV and come up with a rating. Looking at USC Title 38 it would appear that a 55 and medium other conditions at a minimum I think should be closer to a 30% rating.

Have you looked at any PTSD sites to make mental and written notes on what reactions to life you experience? If not I would strongly suggest sitting down with someone very close to you that's not afraid to tell you th etruth about how they perceive you. Take these notes to your next session with th epsychologist and discuss every single one and ask in a very firm manner before you start that th eitems they are reviewing with you are entered into record.

If you would like to look at some secret decoder rings of the VA shoot me an e-mail and I'll send them to you.

ole_navy_goat@yahoo.com

Veteran-

"and the first responce was claimed denied because my 214 did not show service in Vietnam"

I suggest you fill out the attached DD 149 form and get a corrected copy of your DD 214-

many Vietnam vets I know who did this got awards and decorations on the DD 215 that they didnt even know they earned-

Unless the DOD fixed your DD 214 by now-

You can say the injustice part is not applicable and you just want a corrected DD214.

dd0149.pdf

What they do is, o.k., what they're supposed to do is define your GAF, add your stressors and other reactions in the DSM IV and come up with a rating. Looking at USC Title 38 it would appear that a 55 and medium other conditions at a minimum I think should be closer to a 30% rating.

Have you looked at any PTSD sites to make mental and written notes on what reactions to life you experience? If not I would strongly suggest sitting down with someone very close to you that's not afraid to tell you th etruth about how they perceive you. Take these notes to your next session with th epsychologist and discuss every single one and ask in a very firm manner before you start that th eitems they are reviewing with you are entered into record.

If you would like to look at some secret decoder rings of the VA shoot me an e-mail and I'll send them to you.

ole_navy_goat@yahoo.com

I will send you a e-mail----thanks