VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Advanced on Docket

Rate this question

Navy Vet's Wife

Question

We were granted an advance on docket for my husband's appeal with the BVA. Does anyone know that once they have made their decision, if granted, does the RO also treat it as an advanced docket case? I didn't know if the RO will then sit on it for years like history has shown for the NOD itself.

Thank you in advance for any insight.

Edited by Navy Vet's Wife

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The Regional VA centers have a different rating system when an appeal returns to them. If you are homeless, financially on the brink of disaster, terminally ill or suffer loss of use of extremities (plural), or have a fiduciary due to mental unsoundness, VA will "Flash" you in VBMS. You or your rep. have to ask for it. This puts you in a different "lane" and your claim/remand/appeal gets put in the top of the inbox.Otherwise, yours will sink to 3-month post-remand point assuming you do not need a new c&p because you got worse since you filed. Call the 800 number and ask the tech to get you flashed for whatever reason. If you have an attorney, make them ask for it.  

I have one AOD since the hearing in 8/24/2018. It's still at the Hearing Transcript stage. I have others that are either decided since 9/20/2018 or are in the final stages of post-case review. Used to be in 2006, you could get a AOD BVA decision out in less than 3 months. By 2016 it was about five.