VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back pay

Rate this question

Smith97

Question

Hello I filed a nod back in 2012,and in 2018 my case was remanded back to the regional office.I recently opted into the rapid appeals program and I got my 100% disability but they put and effective date of March 2019 instead of 2012 what can I do because it's not showing my back pay.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Are you quoting ebenefits, or did you get an official VARO decision with a Mar, 2019 effective date?

1.  If this is ebenefits, do nothing but wait for the decision. 

2.  If this is a VARO decision, then appeal it by filing a NOD.  

A.  Your effective date is the later of the facts found, or date you applied.  If your doc says you did not get disabled until March, 2019, then you will need an IMO to refute that date, or else that will be your backpay..pretty much none.  

B.  The VA loves to hornswaggle the effective date...by making stuff up, so you have to appeal it.  

Hey I just got service connected 100% on my heart March 7, 2019. They gave me no number of how much , I should get back. Someone may be able to figure it out. On my award letter combined rating evaluation of 60% dec98 effective date, and combined rating 60% Jan 2001 effective date then October 2015 effective date was when I put in the claim. But they finished my claim on March 7, 2019. Is it strange to get your award letter 1st ? Most people , I talk to say they got their money , then they got their award letter. This is stressing me out! Help! Someone who understands VA Math Help! It is greatly appreciated

Edited by Rocket K