VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IWRP to ILP help please

Rate this question

Sawgunner5

Question

I am currently 100 % tdiu p&t smc-s. I was attending class last winter term but because of taking prescription Pregabalin for nerve pains it caused me to fail in school due to side effects. Doctors still don’t know what my nerve problem is from and haven’t found right treatment to ease pain along with muscle twitches. 

I ask my voc counselor to be in ILP. He first lied and said I was to severe for voc rehab including ILP. I referenced 38 cfr 21.60 and he changed tone and said it will be a long process. 3 weeks later he said he was hesitant to put me on ILP. He said I needed my primary care to fill out questionnaire. He also said I am eligible for ILP because I have serious employment handicap (SEH) but that I wasn’t entitled. What does that mean? He now put me in interrupted status with intent to discontinue. Anyone been through this kind of treatment? 

Also in my ILP request I asked for further treatment outside VA, or naturalpathic and holistic care. Also for ketamine shots that VA has done clinical trials on but does not provide it. 

2004-2009

10th mtn 2-4 INF 

11B -E5

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

You might need a tatoo of this to remind you:

He first lied and said I was to severe for voc rehab including ILP.

It sounds like you have it figured out, above.  

You need to APPLY for ILP, and ignore his comments.  If its denied, then appeal.  This is the way it is for benefits, and the way it is for ILP.  

ILP equals "Independent Living Program", and the severity of your disabilities makes you qualified...it means you are too severe to go back to work.  

Now, dont hold a grudge against this VA employee.  You will likely see him again.  This is the way VA "rations" ILP.