Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will Someone Please Answer My Question

Rate this question

goofycow

Question

So far no one has answered my question regarding SOC. This came up in the topic of Kudos for the VA and quality of treatment. Well, I am not getting quality of care at my VAMCs at Fayetteville & Ft. Smit AR. Some one suggested that I file something like a SOC for denial of services???? Can someone enlighten me, please?????

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you disagree with any decision with VA you must file an Notice of Disagreement (NOD) first. A Statement of the Case (SOC) is issued after the va has reviewd the NOD and affirms their prior decision.

Vike 17

Ric54

Thank you for the attaachment. I have printed it out & will study it carefully. I have already talked to my patient rep at Fayetteville about getting MST counseling. She was absolutely no help. I am also very upset with the total lack of compassion shown to me right after my husband's death. I know that the VA staff is overworked, etc but would it have been too much for either the shrink or the in-take nurse to have said sorry for you rlos? I know, I just expect too much :huh:

Thanks again. maybe this will help someone else too.

Guest rickb54

I hope it helps,

sometimes you have to write a letter to the visn director, or a congress critter, but either way they can be forced to address the problem...

best of luck......

Goofycow,

You can also go on line and submit a complaint via IRIS system. You will get an answer as to the resolution in 5 days. Go to http://www.va.gov . In the upper menu tabs select "CONTACT VA" or it might be CONTACT US. The next screen will have FAQs and the next one after that says "ASK A QUESTION", click on that one. The IRIS screen will come up and there will be some drop down menu boxes, select the one that says Veterans Health Benefits and the other block select Complaint. There will be a drop down box also that lists the VAMCs and select the one you desire that you have the complaint with. Then there is a text block where you can detail your complaint. Make sure you only click once to send, do not click again.....it will process and you will receive an email immediately acknowledging receipt.