Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Backpay from RAMP

Rate this question

ajmo1963

Question

Hello, I appealed a decision on a claim for increase for depression back in 2016.  I was invited to apply to RAMP which I did and the decision was favorable.  Recently I went from 50 - 70% for depression.  I never received any documentation but noticed in ebenefits the other day the effective date was 03/2019.  I also applied for service connection for stomach and bunions issues.  These two issues were granted stomach 30% and bunions 10%.  These totals helped me go from 90 to 100%.  The stomach and bunion effective dates are 06/2019.  I honestly believe they made a decision on my stomach and bunions before the depression issue.  

Anyways I only received backpay from June to now.  Does this mean I won't receive backpay for the depression issue because of RAMP or because of the timing of the other issues?

3 answers to this question

I applied for the increase in depression in 2016.  I applied for the stomach and bunion issue just a few months ago.  I actually applied for the stomach and bunion years ago and it was denied but when I requested my records and reapplied with dates and had surgery on the foot is when it was approved.  

I never even received any documentation that my depression was increased.  I only saw that when I logged in ebenefits and saw the other issues were approved and then saw my total %

Shrekthetank1 did you win your appeal?

• Adminstrator

Still in the process but it looks good.  You need to call Peggy and ask when and why and why an SSOC was not provided.  You can try for an eed on the others but it is a hard case to push.   They just did the depression which you appealed?  You need to call and see what is going on