VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will I get an exam?

Rate this question

Ranmic

Question

I received a call a few days ago from someone in ATL doing a review of my claim.  He said they can not locate my medical record (no surprise because no one knows where is it) but I did send him what little bit I had in my record for my knee injury.  It was pretty well documented (IMO) but he stated that without more evidence then my claim would get denied.  So I asked if I would get a VA exam (the one where the Dr fills out the DBQ form) and he said probably not.  My issue is that I understand they want evidence of my injury and I was able to provide that even though he said that wouldn't be enough and also why did he state I wouldn't be getting a exam to fill out the DBQ form.  Is that normal?

As always I really appreciate everyone's help on this site.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, DivComms said:

So it looks like you are both in different mindsets.

He is trying to help you establish service connection (SC) [no connection no rating] and you are trying to establish a rating.

Without that SC it would not matter if you rated 100%. So it would be kinda a waste to have you go to a C&P if you can't establish SC.

From what it sounds like he looked at what you sent him? and he said it was not sufficient. As such, you are likely not having an exam - till your medical record is more in order.

That makes sense and you are right I guess I was looking at it from that aspect.  I appreciate you making sense of this.

So it looks like you are both in different mindsets.

He is trying to help you establish service connection (SC) [no connection no rating] and you are trying to establish a rating.

Without that SC it would not matter if you rated 100%. So it would be kinda a waste to have you go to a C&P if you can't establish SC.

From what it sounds like he looked at what you sent him? and he said it was not sufficient. As such, you are likely not having an exam - till your medical record is more in order.