Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Varo Asked Vamc For Medical Opinion

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

My idiot VSO calls me, while I am a inpatient in the pysch ward and leaves a voice mail telling me that he is calling me at the suggestion of his boss. He goes on to explain that I have Examinations scheduled for:

Jan 16th

Jan 18th X 2

Feb 1st X 2

March 5th

and to please call him. I check my calendar and those dates I have out patient group therapy in the VAMC :P

(this is the guy I fired on December 29th , 2006)

Instead I do a Iris inquiry and explain this to them and ask if I have any more C&P exams. I get the Iris answer today telling me no, but the VARO did request a opinion from the VAMC and they suggest I contact my VSO. I think to myself why should I call this VSO is a idiot.

Tonite I sent a fax letter to his boss and state

"Mr. Supervisor,

On December 29th , 2006 I sent you a letter regarding several items. To date I have received no response. From Jan 4th thru the 17th I was an inpatient at the Ann Arbor VAMC Psychiatric unit. When I returned home there was a voice mail on my telephone from Mr. XXXX informing me that I had Examinations scheduled for:

Jan 16th

Jan 18th X 2

Feb 1st X 2

March 5th

I requested in my letter of December 29th , 2006 that I be assigned a new VSO. The voice mail from Mr. XXXXX gives me the distinct impression that my request has been ignored.

I contacted the VA via the Iris System inquiring about these exams Mr. XXXXXX stated that I had scheduled. The Iris system provided an answer stating I had no physicals scheduled. (see attached).

Mr. Supervisor at this time I am at a loss for words. I truly wish you would contact me."

I am baffled they ignored my request for a new VSO, the alleged exams, the Iris answer and the request for a VAMC Opinion?

If the supervisor doesnt contact me I am pulling my POA.

I responded via Iris and asked if they would tell me what the opinion they requested was. I am also going to the records office monday morning filling out a FOIA and requesting the request for opinion and the answer given.

sometimes I just want to say fXXK it and give up on this shit.

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My idiot VSO calls me, while I am a inpatient in the pysch ward and leaves a voice mail telling me that he is calling me at the suggestion of his boss. He goes on to explain that I have Examinations scheduled for:

Jan 16th

Jan 18th X 2

Feb 1st X 2

March 5th

and to please call him. I check my calendar and those dates I have out patient group therapy in the VAMC :P

(this is the guy I fired on December 29th , 2006)

Instead I do a Iris inquiry and explain this to them and ask if I have any more C&P exams. I get the Iris answer today telling me no, but the VARO did request a opinion from the VAMC and they suggest I contact my VSO. I think to myself why should I call this VSO is a idiot.

<Snip>

Call the VAMC's appointments desk and see if you actually have the appointments. If so, I'd keep them first and worry about the psyche sessions later, although I'd also call them and explain why I'll be absent on those days. You can replace your VSO later!

Ralph

Absolutely, DONT miss the appointments I wouldnt even try to reschedule them... the psych can be moved, do it as well but make darn sure you dont miss the C&P exams.

Bob Smith

Absolutely, DONT miss the appointments I wouldnt even try to reschedule them... the psych can be moved, do it as well but make darn sure you dont miss the C&P exams.

I dont have anymore C&P Exams, I have confirmed it, I had 5 in the month of December, the VSO is just a idiot

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

I get the Iris answer today telling me the VARO did request a opinion from the VAMC and they suggest I contact my VSO.

Got a call from the DAV today and guess what I have a new VSO, I guess that fax I sent last night lite a fire under Mr Supervisors A$$. I asked the new VSO about the VARO requesting a opinion from the VAMC and he said he didnt know what it was, that he would have to talk with the DRO. He did tell me that the DRO has all my stuff including the C&P results, and the DRO would have been the one to ask the VAMC for the opinion. This morning (early) I sent another Iris Inquiry asking about the opinion what it was for? This afternoon I got the following reply from Iris

"There were several different opinions requested regarding your claimed conditions. They included opinions as to whether or not the claimed conditions were related to other service connected conditions. This is all the information available at this time."

IMO I think the DRO is trying to do some secondary connections. Like I stated this morning I am also going to the records office monday morning filling out a FOIA and requesting the request for opinion and the answers given.

Once the the VAMC provides the opinions then I should get a date for the DRO Hearing. Thats what this is all about. In july I had a DRO Hearing, my VSO the guy I fired convinced me to go with a informal hearing, no recording no decisions just me talking to the DRO. The DRO told me he was going to get me all new C&P's which he did. He told me he was going to ask for a opinion about my heart disease being connected secondary to some other conditions. It seems thats the answer to the above question but then the answer I got today said several different opinions. So it seems to me my formal DRO Hearing is just around the corner :P sure would be nice to get this done and over. I wish the DRO would address each and every condition I have claimed but I recentlly read a post by VIKE 17 that the DRO only has juridiction over appealed issues, but on the other hand the heart disease was not a appealed issue, it wasnt even a claimed issue I found out about the heart disease on 6/1/06 and my informal hearing was on 7/18/06. I hadnt had time to file a claim for heart disease, but at the informal I asked the DRO could I add Heart Disease to my list of conditions and he said yes just do a statement in support requesting it be added. I did that and filed it with the VA before leaving the federal building. This DRO is a hell of a nice guy, I am happy as sh1t that he is the one who will be conducting my formal hearing.

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

Jim- I sure am glad you got a different rep-

I was surprised last year- out of sheer frustration-when I asked the local vet rep-the boss -who was supposed to be handling my claim-if I could have the other rep there-instead-

I had asked why they did not consider my IMOS again- and he said angrily-what do you want me to do---rather than answer-Do you %$&*^&8 JOB!----I asked for the other rep and got him---

he had told he had absolutely no contact with the RO or any DROs and then I heard him tell a vet he talked to the DROs all the time-

also he told me his email didnt work-and I have no idea what he did with my claims as nothing is in my file there until when I got the new vet rep-

Also he told me when I elected DRO review that I could not send the VA any more evidence since I elected DRO review-what a dope-

the other rep I got -desk a few yards away- has email that works and contact with the RO and with the other reps there that talk to the DROs.But he isnt the boss and should be.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Jim:

You need to calm down buddy or you ARE going to have a heart attack. I`m a neighbor of yours and am getting concerned. No one is more impatient or down physically and financially than me. I do have some days that are almost unbearable, but I find a way to survive. I have been in treatment for my PTSD for awhile so that does help. Anyway, email me and maybe we can have a coffee sometime and talk about the VA. By the way, I just sent in my paperwork a few days ago to the VAMC (Ann Arbor) for a primary doctor and AO, eye appointments. How is that hospital?

Cavman