Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lumbar Pain

Rate this question

Question

Hi i just recieved my letter from the VA and I have a ?. I recieved my increase for my herniated disk L-4 and mild asymmetrical L-3-L4 disc bulge, my ? is they VA said I have moderate facet atrophy and some degenerative disc disease with bulges. This was found on a MRI I had done by the VA. should I file a clame on the atrophy of the facet and th DDD and why did the VA not do that for me, I know that is a dumb ? about the VA doing some thing for you LOL. I also use a tens unit for the pain meds.

KEN

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ken,

Like Rickb54 said, those additional conditions were taken into account with the rest of the disability. What Rickb54 was referencing regarding "the same disease or injury twice" is what's known as "pyrimading." The VA can only compensate the residuals and symptoms of injuries and diseases to a particular body system. They don't pay compensation for the number of injuries or diagnosis that one body area has.

On a side note, IVDS is rated according to the limited range of motion of the Lumbar spine or the number of incapacitating episodes within the last 12 months, whichever results in the higher rating (noted in the rating schedule Rickb54 provided).

Vike 17

Thanks for the help.

Ken