VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

File increase from 80% to 100% ?

Rate this question

Swag

Question

Hi everyone . I was awarded 80% combine rating last year . 70% for my major  depression . 10% for tinnitus, 10% for cervical strain and 10% for scoliosis. And 0% for migraine .  I have been impatient to the mental hospital for about 10 day in Dec 2018 , and been on and off with mental health doctor appointment since thereafter , because I am worried that they gonna put me in hospital again . I have been diagnosed with PTSD apart from major depression . And my migraine has actually getting worse . I feel like 0 percentage for my migraine is under rated and I want to get my rating to 100% . But I have read online that people are saying when filling for increase , I could also get a decrease . And if I would file the increase , how should I go about ? Hire an attorney? Or use VSO ? or just do it myself ?  Am really hoping someone would give me some advice and weight the pro and cons to help me make a decision . Any input would be appreciated. 

Edited by Swag

2 answers to this question

Scare tactics, filing a claim for increase for migraines should not get you a decrease in your ratings.  In order for VA to decrease your ratings they must show that your current disabilities have gotten better.  You don't need a lawyer or VSO just make sure you file the correct forms.  If you feel you can't handle filing the claim then you can get a VSO it is your call.  Just make sure you stay in control of what your VSO is doing.

I had a VSO try to scare me for an increase on my shoulder due to shoulder being injured more seriously. They said it was unlikely they would increase my shoulder. What they don't know, is that I went to Physical Therapy School and I know how to do evaluations. I had my wife help me measure my range of motion and I know I warranted for an increase. BTW, I'm 100% Permanent and Total Schedular strictly due to PTSD. If I had one more 10% rating, I would have had another 60% rating which would have entitled me to Special Monthly Compensation S. They looked at my other rating for an increase and I'm getting evaluated for those as well. However, while waiting for a C&P Exam, they automatically granted me at least an additional 10% without a C&P, my guess due to the Coronavirus. What I'm trying to do now is getting my other conditions to add up to 100% so if my PTSD gets better,, which I am trying desperately to do, I don't lose my 100% disability rating. I would love to work again, but I have to cover my ass because my kids could lose their benefits and I'll lose my house. I don't mind living in a one bedroom apartment or heck being homeless again, but I can't screw my family.