Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Working and Aid and Attendance

Rate this question

Anthony333777

Question

Hey, I don't have a job, but I'm in Voc Rehab to get a job. I think I qualify based on the severity of my mental disorder and how my wife helps me to get up in the morning, maintain hygiene, medication management, had to have knives and shavers locked up in my house, and no guns in my house. She is also my general caregiver, but I didn't qualify for the caregiver program because I think it's because I'm in voc rehab. My wife and I create goals for me everyday to accomplish. I can make meals with supervision. On my worst days, I can't get out of bed or attend to the wants of nature. On my good days, I'm good for about half the day and then I have a mood swing. Doctor is trying to fix this, but after a few years, I really don't see the hope. I don't want to take something I don't deserve, but do you think I qualify for Aid and Attendance even though I'm going through voc rehab so I can try to get a job? I failed at Voc Rehab 3 times already, but I figure I try again. Currently, I'm 100 Permanent and Total based off PTSD alone and my other conditions add up to 60% and I am considered Homebound. Also, if I do qualify for Special Monthly Compensation L, do you keep Special Monthly Compensation S or does L replace S? 

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet