VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

5, 10 and 20 rule explanation

Rate this question

Paulette Salisbury

Question

I am always having anxiety over this. I was SC 80% Mar 2005. I was then rated TDIU Sep 2013. I am 58 and can't shake this doom feeling. What makes it feel worse is losing mt Psyche Doc 2 years ago and am now on my second NP in mental health. The NP took terrible notes so the new NP was clueless. She wants a follow up in 2 months.  Also, the new NP asked questions and one of the questions was about drinking, I said no, "Do you use cannabis or any other illicit drugs"? I said no. In Florida, with a med card, it isn't illicit.

I use CBD for pain management and it contains THC, but I said no because of how she asked it. 

I also have a Primary care visit coming up on Tuesday. I quit seeing the Primary a few years ago because I get all my medical outside of the VA with the exception of MH. I am going to bring my most recent Dr notes and labs to this appoint.  I tried to get my med records shared through FOI back in June but as of yesterday they were not uploaded. I got a call from the RN at the VA requesting recent colonoscopy and Dr notes/records. I feel very uneasy about this upcoming appt.  You may ask why I have this appt?  I was told by MH nurse that I would need a Primary care Dr. I made this appointment last October.  I hope I am worrying for nothing.

Edited by qwiksting

It is very important that you keep and make more copies of all your VA and private medical treatment notes for future important use.  I always show my medical treatment notes (copies only) of both VA and private doctors to the C&P examiner.  Sometimes they will look at them and even keep them and some others will not look or accept them.

You can see both long term and recent VA medical treatment notes and diagnosis by signing up at nearest VA hospital or clinic for a premium MyHealthyvet online account.  You will need to show photo ID such as DMV license, etc. to do this.

Since 1998 I have been rated 70% for PTSD and 100% P&T since 2000.

With the exception of 85 to 91 I have never been called in for a revaluation of my PTSD or any other of my many service connected disabilities.

As long as you have proof of ongoing medical treatment both VA and private plus copies of all medicine prescriptions for your MH issues you should not worry about them reducing you or reevaluate you unless you file for an increases then of course this will trigger a C&P exam for your increase claim.

My comment is not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

combinededitedcroppedperkins507thDustoffmedevacUH-1Hrescuehoist.jpg.7c3053794369e014e2ea83de19f3fbaf.jpg

combinedphotoofWOPerkinsinUH-1HdustoffandUpliftDustoff.jpg.3a1cba1b94292e66165bdd46db80653c.jpg

combinedPerkinswithBWDustoffevacuationofwounded.jpg.ba3013e177e07d9dbc15928d7c0dcdfa.jpg