Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Second Set Of C&p Examinations Scheduled By Va

Rate this question

tanker31

Question

I have been helping Vet with his claim. All has appeared to be going smoothly ( except the delay--claim started in Oct. 2005 ). The initial claim was for PTSD and hearing loss. After submitting the claim in October 2005, the Vet received a C&P examination on 23 Dec. 05. The Vet attended and received an examination that seem to indicate a finding of service connected PTSD ( I 'am enclosing some Quotes from the report in a few sentences ). Additionaly he has already received hearing aides for his hearing loss, even though he has not received ANY disability rating. He is also being treated for PTSD ( meds, therpy, etc...). Vet also is treated for a number of other medical problems NOT claimed as service connected at no cost. Vet is receiving SSD.

Here are some quotes from last PTSD C&P examination conducted in DEC. 05.

" I reviewed the C-file, which was replete with data from Dr. XXXXXand the PTSD Treatment Center intake examiners; all of whom feel the veteran has PTSD with depressive features". " The medical records were reviewed and were positive from Dr.XXXX onward.Medical records are supportive of PTSD. His stressor letter was extensive and impressive. The veteran is clearly guilty, depressed, and has PTSD ". " The mental status suggested PTSD with depressive features, did not exist prior to entry ( DNEPTE ). " In my judgement, the veteran clearly meets the DSM-IV stressor criteria for PTSD, A-F. These are mentioned in the PTC intake examination and in my report above. He has all the symptoms of PTSD, including xxxxxxxx. The C-file is replete with data supporting his claim." " I see no reason for psychometric testing". Diagnoses: Axis1: PTSD with depressive features,moderately severe, AXIS II: No diagnosis, AXIS III: 1. blood clot........,2. Hypertension, AXIS IV: Insomnia, anger, irritability, assaultive behavior, nightmares, flash-backs, night sweats, unemployment, AXIS V: Current global assessment of functioning is 50".

" I have reviewed the C-file as well as the extensive stressor letter and found it strongly postive for PTSD with depressive features. His psychiatric symptons are daily, these are service connected, and these symptoms did not exist prior to time of enlistment. Meets the criteria A-F for PTSD". Signed XXXXXX M.D.

With a C&P examination/report like this, coupled with the fact that he is being treated for PTSD, other medical problems and already given hearing aides for hearing loss ( all by the VA with no rating and no cost ) why is he required to have anothe C&P for the same disabilities claimed and examined for over a year ago?

Is a second C&P examination for the same 2 claimed disabilities ( already examined in 05 ) SOP ? Anybody have a notion as to what's up with this? Should he take any action? Should he bring his first C&P examination results with him?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I have been helping Vet with his claim. All has appeared to be going smoothly ( except the delay--claim started in Oct. 2005 ). The initial claim was for PTSD and hearing loss. After submitting the claim in October 2005, the Vet received a C&P examination on 23 Dec. 05. The Vet attended and received an examination that seem to indicate a finding of service connected PTSD ( I 'am enclosing some Quotes from the report in a few sentences ). Additionaly he has already received hearing aides for his hearing loss, even though he has not received ANY disability rating. He is also being treated for PTSD ( meds, therpy, etc...). Vet also is treated for a number of other medical problems NOT claimed as service connected at no cost. Vet is receiving SSD.

" I reviewed the C-file, which was replete with data from Dr. XXXXXand the PTSD Treatment Center intake examiners; all of whom feel the veteran has PTSD with depressive features". " The medical records were reviewed and were positive from Dr.XXXX onward.Medical records are supportive of PTSD. His stressor letter was extensive and impressive. The veteran is clearly guilty, depressed, and has PTSD ". " The mental status suggested PTSD with depressive features, did not exist prior to entry ( DNEPTE ). " In my judgement, the veteran clearly meets the DSM-IV stressor criteria for PTSD, A-F. These are mentioned in the PTC intake examination and in my report above. He has all the symptoms of PTSD, including xxxxxxxx. The C-file is replete with data supporting his claim." " I see no reason for psychometric testing". Diagnoses: Axis1: PTSD with depressive features,moderately severe, AXIS II: No diagnosis, AXIS III: 1. blood clot........,2. Hypertension, AXIS IV: Insomnia, anger, irritability, assaultive behavior, nightmares, flash-backs, night sweats, unemployment, AXIS V: Current global assessment of functioning is 50".

" I have reviewed the C-file as well as the extensive stressor letter and found it strongly postive for PTSD with depressive features. His psychiatric symptons are daily, these are service connected, and these symptoms did not exist prior to time of enlistment. Meets the criteria A-F for PTSD". Signed XXXXXX M.D.

With a C&P examination/report like this, coupled with the fact that he is being treated for PTSD, other medical problems and already given hearing aides for hearing loss ( all by the VA with no rating and no cost ) why is he required to have anothe C&P for the same disabilities claimed and examined for over a year ago?

Is a second C&P examination for the same 2 claimed disabilities ( already examined in 05 ) SOP ? Anybody have a notion as to what's up with this? Should he take any action? Should he bring his first C&P examination results with him?

If his examination is anything like mine.

I went for my first C&P and ended up with a More Likely than Not.

5 months later, I was ordered to another C&P for same illness and received a did not begin or worsen in service. R.O made their decision on the last C&P.

I wouldn't go to the C&P by yourself. My husband wanted to go back with me but the psychiarist flatly refused. I should have walked out , but didn't.

I do not think that the second C&P was held to help me in anyway, but to deny me. I would not enter any room with two doctors again unless someone is with me.

Just my experience.

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Tanker31,

"why is he required to have anothe C&P for the same disabilities claimed and examined for over a year ago?"

This probably answered you queation. Many, many times if the C&P exam is over a year old, the VA will schedule another one to get the current disabiling affects of that disability.

He doesn't need to bring the last C&P exam with him to the new exam. Just make sure he brings any private treatment records since the last C&P exam with him and that he should also submits those treatment records directly to the Regional office.

Vike 17

Tanker31,

"why is he required to have anothe C&P for the same disabilities claimed and examined for over a year ago?"

This probably answered you queation. Many, many times if the C&P exam is over a year old, the VA will schedule another one to get the current disabiling affects of that disability.

He doesn't need to bring the last C&P exam with him to the new exam. Just make sure he brings any private treatment records since the last C&P exam with him and that he should also submits those treatment records directly to the Regional office.

Vike 17

The Et does not go for any PRIVATE treatment. All treatments, including PTSD has been conducted through VA. Should he bring his reports from the treatment he is receiving for PTSD through the VA ( ie.. his PSY doctor treating him for PTSD )?

• HadIt.com Elder

I have read the results of the first C&P. Were benefits given to the veteran from this C&P and was the C&P adjudicated? I would be very cautious of the second C&P if not. Any reason why he can not be rated with the information that the VA rating board already has?

Maybe I am too suspicious. I had that excellent first C&P and was ordered a second and ended up at the BVA.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine