Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approved For A & A

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

Asked a question a day or so ago pertainng to A & A for my Wife & myself,

As I had said we have all the Docs reports to back it up.

Called the 1,000 number today & was informed it was approved.

At what percentage I have no idea.

My only problem is that the talking head on the 1,000 line may be wrong.

I certainly hope not.

Does anyone have any idea what percentage they usually rate at & yes I'm rated at 100% T & P.

Also, Thank each & everyone who responded with some ideas &/or advise

GARY

gdsnide

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Gary-- You are going to be quite pleased with your pay of A/A because you will receive either the R! or the highest at this time R2. Plus you get the $126.00 for your wife.

Without Children, SMC-N 1/2 through SMC-S

Dependent Status N½ O/P R.1 R.2 S

Veteran Alone $4,086 $4,313 $6,164 $7,070 $2,766

Veteran with Spouse $4,225 $4,452 $6,303 $7,209 $2,905

Veteran with Spouse and One Parent $4,337 $4,564 $6,415 $7,321 $3,017

Veteran with Spouse and Two Parents $4,449 $4,676 $6,527 $7,433 $3

So either the $6303.00 or the $ 7209.00 per month depends how helpless or if you need care provided by an skilled provider.

Gary-- You are going to be quite pleased with your pay of A/A because you will receive either the R! or the highest at this time R2. Plus you get the $126.00 for your wife.

Without Children, SMC-N 1/2 through SMC-S

Dependent Status N½ O/P R.1 R.2 S

Veteran Alone $4,086 $4,313 $6,164 $7,070 $2,766

Veteran with Spouse $4,225 $4,452 $6,303 $7,209 $2,905

Veteran with Spouse and One Parent $4,337 $4,564 $6,415 $7,321 $3,017

Veteran with Spouse and Two Parents $4,449 $4,676 $6,527 $7,433 $3

So either the $6303.00 or the $ 7209.00 per month depends how helpless or if you need care provided by an skilled provider.

Dorothy,

I must say U are the bearer of good news.

Glad I finally found someone who can make sense out of those SMC rates.

Thank you cery much for taking the time to post your answer & YES if I received that kind of money, I agree, I will be quite pleased.

GARY :lol:

gdsnide

Wow... well Gary, honestly I'd say you deserve the highest rating.... Now I dont know that will be the award... but I honestly think that by what you have described here you deserve it.... dude..

BUT... not to be a rusty wheel, you probably should count on having to fight them... sure they may have awarded an L rate or maybe that $3K is the SMC WITHOUT your normal compensation added in... youll know when you get the award letter, BUT if its NOT an M rate, well then I'd be filing a NOD right away, and making sure I got the necessary documentation that they say wasnt "proven" in the determination....

Hopefully that wont be the case... but ... this is the VA after all

anyway, as soon as you get you letter let us know...

Bob Smith

cfr 3.350 is best read if you print it out. Trying to read it on the computer can get fustrating if you don't see the overall outline.

IC/1 Navy, 100% Schedular + SMC, Shellback, Blue Nose, Crossed International Dateline and Prime Meridian.

II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Gary-- Do you receive SMC now for loss of use lower extremities. This would entitle you to an "L' award for LOU. Now if you were helpless from something other than the loss of use. Lets say your seizure were so bad that you required the assistance of another for your ADL's otherwise you would require nursing home placement. If granted you would receive another "L" award for A/A. Because you now have the 2 "L'" award you are entitled to an "O". which now entitles you to the R1. Now if the Dr request that a nurse perform lets say dressing changes, this would entitle you to the R2. there are other ways where you can receive a 1/2 step or 1 ful stepl. If you are drawing the smc L and higher. Like Rich T said you have to read the reg.

Edited by Dorothy Kansas

Dorthy,

Have been told by VA Docs if I didn't have people around I'd have to be in a home, Shrink has got my GAF ( Or whatever it is) saying the same thing Believe it's 35

Have all sorts of VA Docs saying i need help so guess that will help.

Oh ya, think I was comped back to 1997 so does that keep the VA from trying to take my compensation away from mr?

Only problem here I filed claim in 1996

But, would appreciate information on the 10 year period I have heard of.

I'll call the Talking Heads at the 1,000 # again Monday & see what they say.

I should know by Friday as the Head said I'll get a letter within 5 days.

Thank U one & all again for your advice

GARY

gdsnide