Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Property Taxes

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

This was posted a while back but can not seem to find it. How do I find what states pay property taxes for VA Veterans that are P & T ?

The state of Wisconsin reinburses you but you must be 65 and I would like make mention to this to our Wisconsin Rep.'s if possibly checking into changing this.

Thanks in advance.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

IC/1 Navy, 100% Schedular + SMC, Shellback, Blue Nose, Crossed International Dateline and Prime Meridian.

II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are 100% P&T in Texas you can apply for the disabled plus the Veteran and you can make it go back for this year and last years taxes depending on the date he was disabled. Your Tax Assessors Office should have told you.

I saved about 3000 bucks in Texas tax this year with Homestead plus Disabled plus veterans 12,000 Assessed Value reduction.

If you need help with this give me a shout

Your guy can can a nice refund.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Guest jangrin
If you are 100% P&T in Texas you can apply for the disabled plus the Veteran and you can make it go back for this year and last years taxes depending on the date he was disabled. Your Tax Assessors Office should have told you.

I saved about 3000 bucks in Texas tax this year with Homestead plus Disabled plus veterans 12,000 Assessed Value reduction.

If you need help with this give me a shout

Your guy can can a nice refund.

Pete,

When Chuckles and I moved to Texas this year, the assesors office told us the same as you. You can file a homestead, then a freeze on the property tax bill for our county tax and the school tax for being on SSDI and then also the $12000 reduction in the property tax assesment for VA 100% P&T. It is a nice break on the taxes and as property values go up the tax rate will stay the same as long as the house is our primary residence.

Jangrin

• HadIt.com Elder
Pete53,

In Texas, doesn't that depend on your annual income? Do they count federal CSRS retirement annuity, SS, and VA disability compensation? :rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with Income. They owe him a lot of money.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Alabama's relief is equal to nothing. There is some but I think you have to be 100 percent and over 65. It sucks.

I just found out today that in Wisconsin you must be total 100 % with No combination and then you have to pay the property tax and then be reimburst later and age 65. But said to check on that in August because they are trying to change that here for the Vets. But then he said everthing is about " MONEY".

It does Suck!