VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recent article on the NDMA linking to cancer

Rate this topic

I am currently appealing to the US court for my denial of increase in GERD to include Class C esophagitis, erosive gastritis. I am currently being rating for 10% since 2007, up from 0% in 1998 or over 13 years, even though Ive had GERD,  gastris with H pylori in service and then again with the claim I made in 2007.  I didnt know of the bad C&P until I got my C-file in 2018.  It is very important to get yours, as you can find out a lot of things.  Like they didnt forward your VA file and your civilian paperwork to the examiner. I was very lucky the examiner noted this, as rater said he did in the decision. Had an ACE in 2019 which examiner stated she reviewed, but omitted what was found on the EGD in 2019 and ignored the 2007.  There are articles pertaining to the use of Zantac that contains NDMA as well as other medications such as Nexium.   For the 30% rating for GERD  it included the wording "impairment of health"   I used this same information in my argument concerning this.  I dont have cancer, but long term I could have.  Ive also included in my argument about the long term use of Nexium-I dont have long term kidney issues, but I could have. I took Rabeprazole for a few times, which can cause fundic gland polyps (growth on stomach lining) which I had one.   I listed the side effects of my current meds Im taking now, which IS joint pain, stomach pain, headaches.  So...Im giving it a try, as with these medications we are taking, and NOW finding out serious side effects, I would think it would cause a considerable impairment of health.  

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is 80 mg of Nexium worth more than 0%. I feel I was cheated. Look up my previous post…BVA finally granted SC. This all started in 05. 40 mg of Nexium 2x a day, raglan before each meal, and 40 mg of Famotidine for breakthrough.  

Edited by qwiksting