VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stenosis

Rate this topic

This is an update on my cervical stenosis.

The first operation was wildly successful, a discectomy at three levels.

Then the laminectomy at the same three levels made even more improvements.

(Doc said my spinal cord plumped-up just like it was supposed to.)

But, Complications dictated that one more level of discectomy be performed.

That was performed two weeks ago and the healing process is going well again, been doing this neck stuff since June.

Now we wait to see if another laminectomy will be needed after a couple more months of healing up from the latest mess.

After the last operation ole nurse-e-poo just about ruined junior when she extracted the foley.

Many of you gentlemen can relate to the pipe-grabbing, teeth-clenching, screaming, burning sensation involved with a social disease.

That's what it was like for several days while hooked-up to those continuously feeding large IV bags.

I'm not too old to imagine having a use for the lower appendage again some day so I'm gonna talk to doc about the foley situation, if there happens to be another operation.

If I can ever get passed four months healing-up time I'll be able to have another procedure on my severely arthritic ankle to untrap a pesky nerve.

At thirteen days out of the operating room I can almost swallow again.

sledge

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Sledge,

are you getting these surgeries from the VA? Have they helped any?

Allan

The VA has refused to touch me on several medical conditions, c-spine being the latest.

I'm going through the private sector.

Yes, it's costing me a fortune but, what choice do I have.

The medications that the VA refused to supply me with cost several thousand bucks on top of the surgeries.

If my wife did not have a job I would be up the creek, most likely dead.

After it's all said and done I believe I'm better off if the VA quacks never touch me again.

From a gratefull nation.

sledge

• HadIt.com Elder

Sledge

How can the VA refuse to treat you? Is it just a matter of them not agreeing that you need surgery or is it something else? I would not let them operate on me if I had other options. I would like to pick my own doctor for a back surgery or any other surgery.

>How can the VA refuse to treat you?

Hello John,

they don't come right out and say they refuse, they say stuff like, theres no since to look into the spinal mass you actually have, since the ultrasound ruled out what you don't have.

It's the Bush, Nicleson, Buyer way of administering health care.

Thanks Sledge,

will seek care somewhere else than. Since they won't treat me for it.

Allan

• 1 month later...

John,

The VA does not have to do anything for anybody!

If they want to save the cost of the implants that are used during spinal fusion surgery, they will give you some lame excuse for not doing the surgery.

After 3 operations, my implants have cost over 80 grand.

And, I'll probably have to sell half my liver and a kidney to pay for them.

Our veterans get the best care,

sledge