Smc

Rate this question

windy city

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Windy - Be more specific. What SMC category are you asking about??

Ralph

Ralph this is the situation, I am 100% for PTSD, 40% for FMS and have an additional 10% for a foot injury plus I recieave A&A at the L level. My question is that section 3.350 smc criteria states that any additional 50% or combinations of 50% disabilities entitles you to the next intermediate, so should I be getting paid at the L level or at the L1/2.

Windy-- If you are receiving the an rate L-N and you have another 50 percent combined you can increase 1/2 step. So in your case you would go to L 1/2 but remember its based on VA math.

Thank for your answer, I am going to talk to my DAV rep. about it. So that means that every time you get a 50% sc you automatically move a half step or this is just a one time deal, because I have a nod to file for my sleep apnea for which I use a cpap and I was told that that is a 50%sc.

Ralph this is the situation, I am 100% for PTSD, 40% for FMS and have an additional 10% for a foot injury plus I recieave A&A at the L level. My question is that section 3.350 smc criteria states that any additional 50% or combinations of 50% disabilities entitles you to the next intermediate, so should I be getting paid at the L level or at the L1/2.

Windy, you're at 100%/50% thus: 100% - PTSD + 50% - FMS & foot. [40% + (100 - 40%)x10%. The (100 - 40%)x10% portion = 6%. 40% + 6% = 46%, Goes to 50%.] More VA Math: (44% would go back to 40%, 45% and up goes to 50%)

The VA rates on "remaining well person" (RWP). e.g. - Say you're rated at 70% disabled. RWP would be 30%. More ratings would apply ONLY to the RWP. The basic 70% is the total rating foundation. Each additional rating builds on the RWP that's left until you hit 100% (if ever).

Seems screwy, but there's a logic in there somewhere! :)

Ralph