• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Navy Blue Jackets Manual 1960 Ed.

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi to all,

As you all know I am moving this week and just happen to locate my Navy Blue Jackets Manual 1960 Edition.

We all know of the Honorable, General and Dis-honorable Discharge.

listed are 10 reasons for discharge with explanation.

For Unsuitable - nervous or have physical disability.

I have the original paper that I signed with my signature and that of the personnel officer Lt. K stating that I was receiving a discharge of Unsuitable. The Commanding Officer has stated this also.

Does this or does it not mean anything?

My psychiatric consulations all say symptoms of nervousness, headaches and irritable. Dis-satisifed with working conditions and living in the barracks.

Does this help my claim any of nervous anxiety with the bottle of librium and cafergot.

Does anyone out there have another edition of the book to see if unsuit is worded the same as mine, and have things changed with the passing of time.

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine,

That is a collectors item you found. I wonder how much they go for on ebay. I do not think it does much on your claim. It is just an over simplication of the BS military policy that shows that the military doctors had an avenue to discharge people based on superficial exam in a manner that limited the military's obligations to treat and compensate people with nervous conditions.

The doctors reports generated over the years are what will make or lose a claim.

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine,

That is a collectors item you found. I wonder how much they go for on ebay. I do not think it does much on your claim. It is just an over simplication of the BS military policy that shows that the military doctors had an avenue to discharge people based on superficial exam in a manner that limited the military's obligations to treat and compensate people with nervous conditions.

The doctors reports generated over the years are what will make or lose a claim.

Hoppy,

I am guessing that book might bring two bucks on ebay. I would like to know why my pre-entrance questionarie stated the following? nervous of any sort, been insane, nightmares, headaches, any kind of depression, but the word anxiety does not exist on my pre-entrance enlistment into the military.

Why isn't anxiety there, of course, I wouldn't have known what it meant anyway. I noticed when I received the copy of my personnel records, they didn't do this crap when I left.

Josephine