MikeS

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Mike I sure would think the Natioanl Personnel Records Center would have this info.

And any vet on SSA- their SSA files would certainly have all military pay records too- as that is how they figure out your SSA benefits- all wages.

Easter Offensive:

"The Easter Offensive engaged the full weight of USAF's in-theater forces which, though much reduced, were still formidable. The B-52 force, which had proved to be key in the relief of Khe Sanh four years earlier, had been reinforced. There were 53 of the heavy bombers at U Tapao RTAB, Thailand, and 85 at Andersen AFB, Guam. By the end of May, another 33 BUFFs were deployed against the attackers, bringing the force total to 171 B-52s.

Despite three years of Vietnamization, some 102 Air Force fighters remained in South Vietnam--64 F-4s, 15 A-1s, and 23 A-37s. These were supplemented by 15 AC-119 gunships. Also on hand outside of South Vietnam were 91 F-4s and 16 F-105 fighters, 10 B-57s, and 13 AC-130 gunships based in Thailand. (An AC-130 would fall victim to a Strela, the first loss of its type.)" from Air Force Magazine Sept 1998.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think DFAS would maintain the pay records or know where they stored them on microfiche, I doubt if they have been transferred to computer disks.

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Hi all:

How do I find combat duty pay records for the Air Force for Nam in 1972 Easter Offensive??

Thanks,

Mike S.

Mike, Try your senators office or the congressman. Ask them to contact the NPRC in your behalf, Granted he Air Force record center is weird B) I Had almost amazing results using Senator Cantwell's office. :)

Arch Sgt. USAF

• HadIt.com Elder

Mike,

I don't know if it makes any difference, but in 1972 USAF pay was handled out of Colorado.

Fight the VA as if they are the enemy; for they are!

Erin go Bragh