Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back pay when at 100 p&t

Rate this question

trun10tion

Question

Good day all. I don't have dates it's been a long while. I'm in an bva appeal in which while I'm at 100% now I was awarded from appeal tdiu also. I have received payment. Now real question is since I'm at 100% will I receive any more back pay since my appeal is not complete, because they merged my claim and that part is under a remand. For the remand part recently VA sent me to lhi for c&p exam per bva judge, so since I'm already 100%, if bva approves do I just get rated for the last 4 medical conditions or back pay also?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

PacManx1 one last question. So if they award final medical claims under tdiu, will that be for tdiu backpay only and keep me p&t? Because all my medical conditions add up to 260%. Oh and some conditions that were approved before tdiu award were given different effective date of 2016 and 2018  I read that you stated v.a. bad on effective dates so can lawyer request audit for 2016 and 18 or those dates are final?

Edited by trun10tion

Bva judge set my effective date back to 2012 around my discharge from Army date. At that time In army I was meb.

Since this was a BVA REMAND your effective date should be good, but the local VA Office still like to cheat veterans out of their benefits. Yes, your current benefit should not change, and they should grant a TDIU rating. Also, your lawyer should be up on this and make sure everything is correct.

Edited by pacmanx1