Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DBQs Submitted - Now They Want C&P Exams

Rate this question

Top G

Question

I’m a retired US Marine of 20-years service, and currently have a 90% service connected disability rating as of 2009.

Last week I submitted my 6 BDQs for an increase in my disability compensation. Within a day of my submission of VA forms, they evidently reviewed all 6 DBQs and are now asking that I schedule for C&P exams through VES. 

Can I tell the VA that I do not want to go to their exams and ask that they review my claims of my DBQs signed by a medical doctor…and use my submitted medical  records from both my outside doctors and VA doctors?

I just feel like it’s not necessary as I’ve already done what was initially asked and don’t want this taking even longer of a time. I feel they have all they need to base their judgement. 

Appreciate input/recommendations from those more knowledgeable on this than I am. 

• Community Owner
On 8/2/2022 at 3:02 PM, Top G said:

I’m a retired US Marine of 20-years service, and currently have a 90% service connected disability rating as of 2009.

Last week I submitted my 6 BDQs for an increase in my disability compensation. Within a day of my submission of VA forms, they evidently reviewed all 6 DBQs and are now asking that I schedule for C&P exams through VES. 

Can I tell the VA that I do not want to go to their exams and ask that they review my claims of my DBQs signed by a medical doctor…and use my submitted medical  records from both my outside doctors and VA doctors?

I just feel like it’s not necessary as I’ve already done what was initially asked and don’t want this taking even longer of a time. I feel they have all they need to base their judgement. 

Appreciate input/recommendations from those more knowledgeable on this than I am. 

This is what worked for me.  There is language the the attached forms that you need to cut and past and file quickly. I used them bother in my current claim.  When I called I was informed that their system automatically puts in a request for a C & P Exam.  What I did was call 800-Betty and told them that I had waived any C & P Exams. (In Writing) If I were you I would call the 800 No. and tell them that you want to waive the C7 P Exams, and tell them that you want them to decide you case based on the record and the evidence you filed. Once I pointed out to them A ratter called to question why I did not want to go fore a the C & P exam. I pointed out that I had filed a waiver not to do a C & P exam and have them decide on the record I submitted. So far they have not required me to take any C & P exams.  

Challenge to C & P examiner competency.pdfDBQ Election, Duty to Assist Waiver, & C & P Decline Notice to VA Regional Office.pdf