Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Payment Calcualtion For Skull Loss Cue

Rate this question

RockyA1911

Question

I made a Excel spreadsheet. Went to the VA website and downloaded the historical rates tables.

I made a column starting from 1976 thru 2005 rates. Made two columns, one for 10% rates and one for 60% rates.

I then created a drag and drop formula that deducted the 10% rates from the 60% rates. I multiplied the difference by 12 months for each of the years. I then added up the 1976 thru 2005 yearly difference between the 10% and 60% rates.

The total came up to $181,740.00. Makes me think the VA will delay this forever and I can't even fathom them handing over that much money to me even the it is due me. That is a great monetary loss for a veteran to have to eat due to a flawed 1976 rating decision.

Do you think they will ever pay me this much? Even though it is clear they owe it to me for 30 years plus. I only calculated it for exactly 30 years worth. There are probable 3 months more, but it is too complicated. So I should at least get this.........If I ever get it and if the VA ever will grant my CUE or the NOD.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I made a Excel spreadsheet. Went to the VA website and downloaded the historical rates tables.

I made a column starting from 1976 thru 2005 rates. Made two columns, one for 10% rates and one for 60% rates.

I then created a drag and drop formula that deducted the 10% rates from the 60% rates. I multiplied the difference by 12 months for each of the years. I then added up the 1976 thru 2005 yearly difference between the 10% and 60% rates.

The total came up to $181,740.00. Makes me think the VA will delay this forever and I can't even fathom them handing over that much money to me even the it is due me. That is a great monetary loss for a veteran to have to eat due to a flawed 1976 rating decision.

Do you think they will ever pay me this much? Even though it is clear they owe it to me for 30 years plus. I only calculated it for exactly 30 years worth. There are probable 3 months more, but it is too complicated. So I should at least get this.........If I ever get it and if the VA ever will grant my CUE or the NOD.

Rocky, I think the VA will pay it because they don't care. If the CUE is there you will win. It may take some time but they will award it. An amputee friend filed a CUE because they mismeasured his stump, back in 1969, and he won some nice retro cash. I've always felt you've a better chance of winning on VA errors than winning the lottery. Everyone should review their c-file for errors. jmo

pr