Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Squeaky Wheel

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Today I received a confirmation of my March 5 complaint to the state Governor about my vet reps.

It was an interesting letter-

when Spitzer became the Gov not long ago he promised to look into state agencies real good-

I also had sent my rep a copy of the letter-

I dont think he believed I would send it so I also sent him the USPS info that it was received.

On March 8th my claim went from appeals to the rating board.

Maybe just a coincidence-

I know one thing for sure-I can back up everything I said in that letter and then on March 6th AM I sent my rep a copy of the NEXT letter to the Governor if they dont address the first one.

When you write a complaint letter it is always good to offer a solution-which I did-

I pointed out that after over 14 emails from and to their office with no resolve- it was a simple matter that would have taken only minutes to do (although they should have done it in 2004)

but I then I told the whole story of my strange DRO review-and how other widows and veterans on VCAA remands have been adversely affected by this bunch too.

well in any event I am not in the VA's PAS yet-

(Paper Airplane Stack)

and I am quite sure our Governor (a lawyer) and the person he refered all this to will get to the bottom of it.

Maybe just a coincidence the claimed moved again-maybe not-

I went through so much of this in the 1990s-

I just hope I dont really have to get tough.

Edited by Berta

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Berta,

Sounds like you're on top of things. Keep us posted.

Am I to understand that you are able to email your vet rep? I use the DAV and they won't even give me their fax number!! Or do you email the VA?

Your profile states you are the widow of "2 vets, 2 HD each" - what does the 2 HD mean?

Thanks for your posts, I have learned a lot from them.

ts

Berta I have learned a lot from reading your post. I thank you for the name and e-mail address. boy did the tone change when I mentioned it.

I would like to have been a fly on the wall when your Rep got his copy of the letter you sent to the

Governor'

It very well could have been a coincidence that your claim started moving (NOT) after the letter. An old Master Sargent once told me that the difference between a coward and a hero was a tenth of a second. You react to a crisis one way or another. I think today you are a hero but don't let it go to your head.ha.

TS- if you play around with the email addy you might be able to send them email-

what I mean is put last name of your vet rep then @dav.org-if it comes back try their first initial before and then after their last name.

Worked for me with Sec Principi (he replied)with and then I used it for Nicholson- and it went thru to him but he never replied-

that system is Last name (sometimes Initial of First name)@va.med.gov

Also have you tried the DAV Home page to see of they have any email addys and fax numbers there for their field offices.

The VARO can be reached via email at the VA web site= under the Inquiry system-dont hesitate to give them your c file number-it will be safe-the inquiry goes right to your VARO.

PS 2 HDs- my deceased husbands each had 2 Honorables-each served twice -my daughter has one-

she served 7 years as Vietnamese linquist then supported Battle Staff -for 911.