Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Flie Tranfered

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

Hello Again:

My son called me this morning, He said that his Claim File has been transfered to another state, Where he now resides. He didn't ask for the transfer. We had left it with the ST. Louis RO because we were told by his AMVETs service officer that due the the Complex Issues that if he was denied and we had to appeal that there wouldn't be another Service Officer that would take the Claims Appeal.

Thses 2 issues on Claim are now over 13 months in the process.

Can they transfer this without his consent??

I have rang the phone off the wall at his Service Officer's dest today and filled up his voice mail with out any reply from him yet.

Thanks

Jessie

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If a vet moves the Transfer can be automatic. A vet does not have to request it to be moved. A change of address will often take care of the move.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

If a vet moves the Transfer can be automatic. A vet does not have to request it to be moved. A change of address will often take care of the move.

So what happens now?

Do we start all over :)

Jessie

• HadIt.com Elder

Jessie,

I have had to deal with this myself. I was told by folks on hadit not to transfer my file. I put in a change of address without realizing they would transfer the file. By the time I figured out they might transfer the file I was a little panicked and called my RO and asked them where the physical location of my file was. They told me it was still in L.A. That is where I wanted it to stay. I immediately informed them that any addresses that I provide them in the furure are temporary address only and not to transfer my file. I have since provided them with yet another mailing address with a note on the same form advising them that the new address is a temporary address and not to move my file out of L.A. So far it has worked for me.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

Jessie,

I have had to deal with this myself. I was told by folks on hadit not to transfer my file. I put in a change of address without realizing they would transfer the file. By the time I figured out they might transfer the file I was a little panicked and called my RO and asked them where the physical location of my file was. They told me it was still in L.A. That is where I wanted it to stay. I immediately informed them that any addresses that I provide them in the furure are temporary address only and not to transfer my file. I have since provided them with yet another mailing address with a note on the same form advising them that the new address is a temporary address and not to move my file out of L.A. So far it has worked for me.

Thanks again Hoppy:

I'll have my son call tomorrow and give this a try!!

Thanks,

Jessie

Hello All:

Just had a phone call from my son's Service Officer in reply to my many voice mails left yesterday.

He said unless the rule had changed recently my son's Claim Started in ST. Louis and will finish in St. Louis.

The information my son was going on was from someone at the 1-800 number.

Jessie

• HadIt.com Elder

Jessie,

I was told by a guy at the RO when I called on the phone that the RO would not transfer the file to another RO unless I specifically requested it. Lacking confidence in what I am told by RO guys on the phone I did not post it. I guess he was right.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.