• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Review C&P DBQ in-person at RO

Rate this question

radarguy

Question

Does the Public Contact Team at the Regional Office
have access to c-files for the veteran to read and/or
to obtain a copy of their C&P exam and DBQ.
This would be a or in-person appointment on the Visitor Engagement Reporting Application (VERA)

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Others have reviewed their own files at the Regional Offices, yes.  My experience it was in person. 

If your VAMC is much closer than Regional office, try there first, in my opinion.  

Im not sure if there is a way for that to happen through VERA, you will have to contact your VARO to ask this question...its a good one!  So let us know the results.  

Your VSO, if he/she has VBMS access may be able to provide this for you as well.  Not all VSO's have VBMS access, the VSO must go through VA hoops to obtain said access.  

VA does not always release C and p exam reports prior to a decision. Some have/will release these, while others decline.  

It does not seem a consistent policy VA wide on this.  

Its been my experience, if the c and p exam is "in house" (VA doc employee), you can get a copy of the c and p exam through your "release of information" office at your VAMC.    Even that may be different at different VAMC's, tho.  

If its a QTC or other contractor exam, it seems those c and p exams are tougher to come by "before" your decision.  This is terrible, and probably by design.  It makes it tougher for Veterans to win benefits, because an unfavorable exam can often be fixed.  

Edited by broncovet

The chicken chit Reno VA Regional office by their sorry attitude by the VSR and security guards made it plain they do not want we vets coming in person to them for anything.  They were very arrogant and acted like I was from Mars.  My only in person request was to submit a FOIA request for maybe faster response time.  To hell with them.  I don't need the sorry double dipper lifers.