Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has anyone experienced this at the Board of Appeals level??

Rate this question

Infantry 1Sgt

Question

Has anyone experienced where the status of their appeal says being reviewed by a Judge but then under the issues tab it reads closed and granted. I was also looking where I could attach a picture of what I am asking but don’t see it yet. But if anyone has had this experience what was the outcome and how long did it take to update after this.

My appeal updated on the 14th as being closed and granted and nothing since then. I call and try to get answers but I keep being told it’s under review. I’m confused as how it is still being reviewed by a judge but says closed and granted… also if someone can tell me how to post the pic of what I am referring to I will greatly appreciate it and will post them. Thanks in advance. 

• Community Owner

Well Top I just went through some thing.  Mine keep saying the same thing even after I received  my decision  letter.  It now says closed. The Web site is known to be inaccurate with its info.  800-Betty sone times is no  better. When they issue the decision you should be able to download it from va.gov. You can try to call the 800 number and insist to talk to a supervise they have access to places the regulator 800 does 

But of course.  "Historically inaccurate, out of date ebenefits/va.gov cant be relied upon, with a few exceptions.  

If you can print out a letter, which says you are xx percent, then you probably are.  

You need to wait for the envelope.  This said, they have upgraded some things and sometimes you can print decisions from ebenefits/va.gov.  If that works, you should be able to rely upon the printed decision.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If you have a POA with a VSO, you could ask them to look it up and see if they can provide you with a more accurate idea of what is going on. They should be able to provide you with a copy of the decision letter if it is ready.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• Community Owner

I don't know if they are posting BVA decisions on va.gov or not. It's been senses 2021 when I had my last one. I know they are now posting links to VA decisions when they close out claim on va.gov.

35 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I don't know if they are posting BVA decisions on va.gov or not. It's been senses 2021 when I had my last one. I know they are now posting links to VA decisions when they close out claim on va.gov.

Yes they finally updated it. It took me doing a Vera contact for him to see the decision was stuck in cyberspace I guess. Whatever he did do or request to be done it updated yesterday on va.gov where I have one granted appeal and one remanded appeal which with the strong wording of the three judges signed to my order I’m almost certain to win on remand. The board found seven CUE’s, that I didn’t even raise as a concern, but sent it back to the regional office to fix and possibly grant. Before I appealed to the board itself the regional office quality assurance checks found three CUE errors, different from the boards findings, on this one particular claim and it still was wrong leading me to appeal where the judges found seven more and sent it back for them to correct. So I guess I will wait for them to implement the granted appeal and work the remand and see what happens from there. Thanks a million for replying.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Infantry 1Sgt I hope I am lucky enough to get my BVA appeal handled by the same judges who reviewed yours. Crossing my fingers that you get a good outcome from the remand.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.