VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has anyone experienced this at the Board of Appeals level??

Rate this question

Infantry 1Sgt

Question

Has anyone experienced where the status of their appeal says being reviewed by a Judge but then under the issues tab it reads closed and granted. I was also looking where I could attach a picture of what I am asking but don’t see it yet. But if anyone has had this experience what was the outcome and how long did it take to update after this.

My appeal updated on the 14th as being closed and granted and nothing since then. I call and try to get answers but I keep being told it’s under review. I’m confused as how it is still being reviewed by a judge but says closed and granted… also if someone can tell me how to post the pic of what I am referring to I will greatly appreciate it and will post them. Thanks in advance. 

On 5/8/2023 at 5:24 PM, Vync said:

@Infantry 1Sgt I hope I am lucky enough to get my BVA appeal handled by the same judges who reviewed yours. Crossing my fingers that you get a good outcome from the remand.

Just checking in with you to see if you have any news on your appeal. I also noticed by reading your short bio under your screen name that we are fellow Alabamians, Roll Tide!!!!

I recently received a grant/approval of my BVA appeal on May 30th 2023 of increase in my IHD/CAD heart disease from 30 to 60%.  About 11 to twelve days later the actual paper decision arrived in my mailbox.

The May 30th notification of grant was on the VA.GOV website.

Also in early 22 I received a BVA appeal grant of 50% for OSA Sleep Apnea and again the paper decision arrived in mailbox about 11 days after VA.GOV notification of my appeal grant.  The BVA has been my friend several times for many years against a Reno biased VA C&P examiner.  All is good, life is good.

On 6/27/2023 at 1:39 AM, Dustoff1970 said:

I recently received a grant/approval of my BVA appeal on May 30th 2023 of increase in my IHD/CAD heart disease from 30 to 60%.  About 11 to twelve days later the actual paper decision arrived in my mailbox.

The May 30th notification of grant was on the VA.GOV website.

Also in early 22 I received a BVA appeal grant of 50% for OSA Sleep Apnea and again the paper decision arrived in mailbox about 11 days after VA.GOV notification of my appeal grant.  The BVA has been my friend several times for many years against a Reno biased VA C&P examiner.  All is good, life is good.

Congrats 🎊 on your victory. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 6/26/2023 at 4:54 PM, Infantry 1Sgt said:

Just checking in with you to see if you have any news on your appeal. I also noticed by reading your short bio under your screen name that we are fellow Alabamians, Roll Tide!!!!

Sorry for the delay in responding, but no change - still waiting to be assigned. My VSO initially said it would take about six months after the hearing, but that was about 8 months ago. I did get a letter in the mail last month which pretty much said they are swamped and would get to me eventually.

@broncovet
Both times I have been before the BVA, I was given no information as to the identity of which BVA employee might attend. I simply found out when I attended each meeting. Back in the late 1990s, it was the same thing. I met the BVA dude when I walked in the office. That was a much better situation because it was interactive. He asked specific questions and I answered him. I also had a chance to ask him questions and received fruitful feedback on the spot. He was not impressed when he learned the denial was because the VARO made their decision based on an empty c-file. The video hearing last year was just one sided after they asked me to briefly explain why I disagreed with the denial. I was not allowed to ask any questions or get any realtime feedback because the decision would be made by someone else eventually. It seems like the BVA structured their process like this to simply be able to report to management and lawmakers that they completed X number of hearings very quickly. However, what matters more is getting a correct assessment of the evidence and a decision.