Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam notification but no new claim

Rate this question

Dustoff1970

Question

Well Optum Serve just sent me an email that they are scheduling me an exam for a new claim.  However, I have filed no new claims or appeals and none are outstanding or deferred.  All my claims and appeals were successfully awarded to me in past 7 years and I am happy and satisfied as a tick on a boar hog.  They said they would send me more info soon.  I think this happened a few years ago and it was a mistake on their part.

This may be a frequent and common screw up on part of these C&P contractors.  I know from experience that their clerical personnel are often lazy screw ups and on one  lied to VA about my not showing up for a EKG/ECG exam.  The BVA ignored this anyway and granted me my appeal for increase in Agent Orange IHD/CAD heart disease.

Maybe you have had a similar experience with their mistakes?? 

combinededitedcroppedperkins507thDustoffmedevacUH-1Hrescuehoist.jpg.7c3053794369e014e2ea83de19f3fbaf.jpg

5 answers to this question

• Community Owner

VA Screwup a C & P Exam by sending you to an unqualified Doc, NP, Veterinarian. No they would never do that. Not that it happened to me twice.🙃

Yes I also just received a letter from VARO that they are reviewing my HLR claim however I have not filed an HLR or new claim and as stated above all my claims and appeals were successfully completed in past two years.  Maybe this is happening to others????  I am not calling or contacting Peggy as not concerned about this.  Their screw up their dime.  Going fishing and wait and see.

If you are over age 55, and, if you dont really want to attend the exam, you may point your age to them.  They are not supposed to schedule re exams over the Veterans age 55, "except in special circumstances".  

However, it may be in your best interest to attend the exam.  

But, You can ask "what are the special circumstances where I was called for an exam over my age 55?"  This seems like a valid question, if you checked out your smc possibilities and you dont want to attend an exam.  

All the above said, could this exam make you eligible for additional smc?  Remember, you dont have to apply for smc, you should get it when you meet the criteria.  (Of course, sometimes you have to apply, because VA does not consider you for smc when you are eligible).  

Before you complain about the exam, review your eligiblity for smc.  As an example, additional ratings could result in SMC S, or even something else.  

You may be as happy as a tick on a boar hog, but you dont know whether or not the farmer is preparing a bath of tick killer for the boar.  

And, inflation is the silent killer.  "Almost always" real inflation goes faster and higher than our Cola's.  While you may think you are eating high off the hog now, there are only so many pork filet's on a pig.  Just wait until you see how much your gas and electric bill will go up, not to mention food.  

What seems like a big check a few years ago, now seems like not enough to make ends meet.  

My Dad's social security was $300 per month..and it even seemed like a lot to him when gas was nineteen cents a gallon. In just a few years, it seemed like "nothing".  

It has been a month and no followup info or request from Quontum about me attending a C&P exam after the initial email notification.  In the past they have always quickly sent me a Fedex package with details after first initial contact.

So this is another mistake/false notice on part for them and/or VARO.  Both parties have all my contact info now for many years.  I am an experienced old dog of many decades dealing with VA and contractors so no concern and am legally protected by Title 38 USC and CFR.  Even a reduction of one rating would not reduce or eliminate my 100% or SMC-S. 

I was just curious if this was happening to others but I guess not.  I have been a frequent and generous severe critic of POTUS on social media with no fear or regrets so who knows.

I earned the right in Vietnam to free speech and to shoot my mouth off.

CloseupcombinedphotoofPerkins498thUH-1HDustoffmedevacStarsStripesnews-Copy-Copy(2).JPG.e13e6df89500065c3b16a573c9bf710d.JPG

Edited by Dustoff1970

After the VA granted/awarded me 100% schedular P & T, I had several appeals pending and I filed an additional claim for an EED. Whenever the VA scheduled me for a C & P exam, the first thing I did was go to the exam and ask the examiner why I was there and what was the exam for. I made sure the examiners knew that I was already rated 100% P & T and that the exams were for Earlier Effective Dates only even though the VA had requested an updated medical opinion of my current disability symptoms. So, I got two (2) new/updated favorable medical opinions that the VA paid for, and I have won one of my EEDs and I still have one pending.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.