Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

Since you have apparently been diagnosed with OSA Apnea and presently suffer from it then you need to seek or continue treatment for the OSA while on active duty and make sure this is documented in your MSR medical records.

If you were issued a CPAP machine for OSA by private or VA doctor then continue to use it and/or ask for one at your active duty station medical clinic. It would be very helpful if the the military does another sleep study on you and issue you a CPAP.

It is very important for you to obtain like I did copies of your medical treatment notes, diagnosis at your active duty locations.  Friendly med clerks are your best friend.  Make extra copies of these records and hold them dear to your heart for future VA use just like I did in Nam and Japan in 1970.

During or after your active service you can file a new VA claim for direct service connection with the new evidence obtained and created on active duty.

Military medical records are like gold in the bank vault.  I know from experience.

My comment is not legal advice as I am not a paralegal, lawyer or VSO.

CloseupcombinedphotoofPerkins498thUH-1HDustoffmedevacStarsStripesnews-Copy-Copy(2).JPG.e13e6df89500065c3b16a573c9bf710d.JPG

combinedphotoofWOPerkinsinUH-1HdustoffandUpliftDustoff.jpg.3a1cba1b94292e66165bdd46db80653c.jpg