Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P coming up. Question about back and neck issues

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Hell all, I've been waiting for this exam for 4 months now. I have multiple items being looked at. Scar on left hand, chronic fatique, Sinus issues, shortness of breath, back and neck pain. My question is on the back and neck pain. From what I read is the rating for back and neck pain is all on range of motion. My pain is from muscles spasms and tightness. I suffer from Service connected vertigo and I am always tense and my muscles in my neck and back and shoulder blades knot right up. For years I've used a hook tool and a TENs machine from my PT therapist. For the last year I've had schedule professional massages every other week to break them up (paid by the VA). The thing is I stretch my neck and back multiple times a day and there is no loss in range of motion for me. Is there anything else they pain attention to other than the measurements? Sorry for the long read. Thank you

2 answers to this question

you need to be able to tell your story of how it affects your life.  Yes the ROM will be there as they always put it in there.  You need to go into detail about when the spasms happen and what they do and how it affects you.  

Also you need to go off of your worst day when you forgot to stretch the day before and tell them how bad it is.  The day of the exam is almost always a bad example.