Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Claim Status To Date.

Rate this question

mrstix

Question

Hello to all,at this time I am 50% SC for lower back and both legs. Injured during Allied Fource. Filed for increase, and new claim for right knee secondary to SC.

Filed claim May 3rd 2006

Had C&P Aug 11th Pittsburgh VAMC,at this time they made a orthro appt. for my right knee.Sept.19 th x-rays showed evadence of DJD mild to moderate

knee is cracking each step that I take. The Doc said this do to my limping

and favoring my left leg with my right. Reccomended cordazone shots for now and possible surgurey later on down the road.I got the C&P exam results.Called for status in Oct Nov.Dec. Finaly on Jan 15th 2007 I was told my claim along with a few others was brokered out to another RO for rating do to backlog in Pittsburgh on Jan 11th.Called Pittsburgh yesterday

and was told the files are being returned to Pittsburgh for write up and I should get my dission letter near April 23rd. Almost a year to date.

I guess with all the new claims and the guys coming back from the war this is not to long of a wate?? Just wanted to give you all my update.

mrstix Air Force Msgt 25 years Retired

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

A year for an increase claim isnt too bad at all-it sounds good-

you didnt mention what the leg SC is for-

but I assume the knee problem is separate issue but- in case of the right knee- it is secondary to left knee-and that knee is already SC?

When an arm or leg is injured or disabled in any way-often-as you said- the person overuses the other appendage, or puts more weight on it- like with a foot-knee, etc to compensate for the disabled limb.

If this compensation of use adds more disability to the other arm-or leg-it can be found as a secondary disability.

The VA gets that medical potential but still they don't get bilateral tinnitus-figure that-

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Please take my advise....I have Degenerative Knee *Joint* Disease (Osteoarthritus) I have bilateral Knee problems They originally diagnosed me with PFPS, which was upgraded and given to me as the Limited Motion. Make sure they rate your limited motion. Secondary, have your back and hips evaluated. They are all SC and related. Make sure you get bi lateral rating as well. The shots do nothing, they work for about 2 weeks max....I have had them as well. Make sure if you go to the orthopedics or Physical Therapy that you get your knee braces if need to help your knee track after therapy. You will then in turn also get a static clothing allowance every Aug from the VA Hospital. I have been down this road for over 6 years...it was a very long situation and the battle continues.....i just hope I can help shorten your situation.

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------