VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remanded PCAFC

relipovsky

Question

Moved dad in with my family in 2014.  100% P&T PTSD, neuropathies, Coronary artery disease all SC to AO.  Appealed to veterans law judge and was remanded in November 2022.  Waited patiently as dad declined slowly, then suddenly on 2/26/23 he was gone.  Peacefully in his sleep.  I've been all over the VA to ensure that this claim lives.  Had my congressman enter an official inquiry to which I did get a response - "It's in line".  Dad had pretty much accepted his situation, unable to walk, or take care of himself in any meaningful way.

Its been 13 months since that remand came, and its impossible to get any information.  Where is it in line?  I appreciate the irony that if I didn't pay taxes or made certain threats online that the feds would have my house, all assets and me within a matter of hours - but a program designed to assist in keeping veterans out of nursing homes and cared for by those who love them - 2nd rate issue.  This was the last thing dad was really adamant about in his life, and I hope those in charge of the program and those running the program lose every bit of sleep over their poor performance.  But who am I to expect that anyone other than me should care about my old man?

I love this country, but my God I hate the VA.  

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

4 answers to this question

If your dad had you or a family member listed as a dependent then you may have or should have filed a dependent (DIC) claim due to his passing from a long term 100% P&T disability for continued dependents compensation.   He was both 100P&T and also evidently died of a service connected disability/s so he should qualify for the VA death benefits.  Others more knowledgeable can give you much more accurate information on this issue and should be along soon to assist you.   You can also consult with an accredited experienced VSO from DAV, VFW, etc found at VA regional offices to make further inquiries on your behalf ASAP.  They do not charge vets for their services and you do not have to be a member of any of their organizations for their help.

My comment is not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

combinededitedcroppedperkins507thDustoffmedevacUH-1Hrescuehoist.jpg.66e9e75bebf35a15ff490302ec523268.jpg

Edited by Dustoff1970

I believe, generally, a veteran's claim dies with the veteran.  However, the widow/widower can file for accumulated benefits, which there is a maximum of 2 yrs retro benefits that can be paid, if the claim is won.  I'm unsure if that would extend to a child, unless the child was a dependent.  I'm sure someone will correct me or explain further.  It's sad how the VA system works or should I say doesn't work!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, namvet6567 said:

I believe, generally, a veteran's claim dies with the veteran.  However, the widow/widower can file for accumulated benefits, which there is a maximum of 2 yrs retro benefits that can be paid, if the claim is won. 

I believe it is called accrued and substitution benefits.

Sorry for your loss. 

VA Accrued Benefits and Substitution