Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Attention: Scammers are stealing paid for homes.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Many county clerk and recorders have title's to property online.  Then, skilled forgers forge your name to documents and literally steal your home.  This mainly applies to people with paid for homes, its much harder when you have a mortgage.  

ONE solution:

My county clerk and recorder will notify the owner, upon request, whenever a new document is recorded, via email, or mail.  You simply mail in a form, requesting to be notified of any new recordings to your home.  (mortgage, title transfer, etc., etc).  

The clerk and recorder then sends you a notice whenver there is any document recorded pertaining to your home.  

In my county, you can call them and say, "No, I did not sell my home to anyone from Nigeria."  They can then reverse the fraud transaction.  However, if you wait, then they sell your home, to others, and it gets much harder to get it reversed.  Thats why you need notified.  

I highly recommend you sign up for this service if available in your area and if your home is paid for.  

There is also an "insurance" for this, but in my county, notification is free.  

I was informed there were several victims per week in my area.  Dont be one of them.  

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet