VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

80% disabilities now I am trying to get to 100%

Rate this question

Timothy L. Gess

Question

No again you know I was not misleading or off.  You are arguing for the sake of arguing and maybe bored.  I rely on not only my real live experience of over 40 years filing my own claims and appeals but also the expert authority sources I mentioned above plus CAVC precedent court cases, BVA decisions, veterans attorneys websites such as CCK and several others and much more.

After repeating yourself I am now sure the OP is well aware of 4.16 (B) by now and as I usually say in most of my comments I advise him or her to contact an accredited VSO for assistance and advice in filing claims and appeals and I do so here.  Most posters never respond to the advice any of us give anyway so best to go fishing.  See you at the rodeo. You are now on my block list.

Ok, lets focus on helping this Veteran, please.  Sometimes that last 10 or 20 percent is difficult.  Lets begin at the beginning.

You have at least 3 options, and you dont have to choose, you can choose them all! 

1.  Apply for an increase percent to your existing rating.  This generally means either you were lowballed or your symptoms got worse over time.  

2.  Apply for new disability conditions, either that are from military service or may be secondary to your existing service connected condtion.  

3.  If you are not working, due to Service connected conditions, apply for TDIU.  

My advice, if you are not working, is to apply for all 3, especially if you may have new conditions that may or may not be related to your service connected condition.  We would need to know more to suggest what you should apply for.  

Incidently, yes, I agree  4.16B (extra schedular TDIU is rare) and I got it!  But it was a fight!  

Thanks Broconvet.  By my mentioning 4.16 that also includes subsection (B) I assumed the vet would read the CFR regulation that includes both (A) and (B).  I think vets like I did should do some of the research for themselves and not rely totally on others for everything.  Anyhow I am out of here and gone fishing.  Please remove my account from Hadit.  Goodby T-Bird you should have made me 

Edited by Dustoff1970

My suggestion is if you are rated under any mental disorder, like PTSD, is to seek an increase.  Many times, the VA ignores or misses evidence showing proof of the higher rating.  You need not meet all the criteria of that percentage description but have to only meet one of the criteria needed.  Check out all the conditions you are rated for.  Getting to 100% is very difficult, using the ratings table and I would think be easier to get TDIU, if that's something you would qualify for.  jmo

• HadIt.com Elder

A 4.16 B Award letter.  I was 40% SC on the EED.  It was awarded in April of 2020.  The EED is the last date of my full-time employment. 

It is never too late to apply for extra-schedular. 

Waiting to get my extra-schedular remand to the Director, Compensation Services for tinnitus.  Clear in my record that tinnitus is a severe employment disability because of safety concerns.  Refused a Navy forklift operators permit and could not work on the floor with a forklift because of the interference of the tinnitus with hearing the beeps of the forklift even with my hearing aid.  Worked desk jobs in Navy remainder of my service but had difficulty following the 1969 MVA TBI with desk jobs and following service constantly losing jobs because of the residuals of my TBI which include anosognosia. (Feeling you are more competent than you are because of the area of the brain injured.)  If I had known, I would have been able to work lower-level jobs and would have removed my BBA from my resume.

(Parts did not copy P&T yes example.  only the yeses. download you own award letter for the format.  Won't let me edit in the yeses where they are supposed to be.)

November 22, 2023

Dear Lemuel 

DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS

This letter is a summary of benefits you currently receive from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). We are providing this letter to disabled Veterans to use in applying for benefits such as state or local property or vehicle tax relief, civil service preference, to obtain housing entitlements, free or reduced state park annual memberships, or any other program or entitlement in which verification of VA benefits is required. Please safeguard this important document. This letter is considered an official record of your VA entitlement.

Our records contain the following information:

Personal Claim Information

Your VA claim number is:

You are the Veteran.

Military Information

Your most recent, verified periods of service (up to three) include:

Branch of Service

Navy

Character of Service

Honorable

Entered Active Duty

April 05, 1961

Released/Discharged

July 19, 1974

(There may be additional periods of service not listed above.)

VA Benefit Information

You have one or more service-connected disabilities:

Your current monthly award amount is: 

You are being paid at the 100 percent rate because you are unemployable due to your service-connected dlsabllltles:

You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service­ connected disabilities:

The effective date of when you became totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities:

Yes Yes

September 16, 1985

You should contact your state or local office of Veterans' affairs for information on any tax, license, or fee-related benefits for which you may be eligible. State offices of Veterans' affairs are available at http://www.va.gov/statedva.htm.

How You Can Contact Us

If you need general information about benefits and eligibility, please visit us at https://www.va.gov.

Call us at 1-800-827-1000.

Contact us using Telecommunications Relay Services (TTY) at 711 24/7.

Send electronic inquiries through the Internet at https://www.va.gov/contact-us.

Sincerely Yours,

Regional Office Director

Edited by Lemuel
clarify