Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Your Nexus should include all this:

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Your nexus letter should include all of the following:

1.  The CV of the doctor/physican/medical professional.  You need to demonstate this physician is a competetent witness, and has significant training and experience diagnosing and treating your type of disorders.  If you want an opinion on your back injury, dont seek that from a Psychiatrist.    The VA probably does not know your doctors level of expertise.  

2.  The doctor needs to state "he reviewed your medical history".  You probably are not interested in my opinion of "Star Wars" movie, if I have never seen it.  A medical exam without knowing the patient history is not that useful.  

3.  The nexus opinion needs to be specific, not vague or speculative.  Avoid "Could be/may be/might be" caused by an injury in military service.  Instead, use "In my professional opinion its at least as likely as not that the Veterans (diagnosis) was caused from his injury in military service".  

4.  Give a medical rationale as to why the doctor rendered such an opinion.  As an example, "a 2019 study by Harvard University showed that 88 percent of patients with fractured knees eventually had arthritis of that knee within 10 years."  

I did not see all of these things in the samples.   The doctor needs to sign it.  

1 answer to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Also ask them to avoid using the terms "possibly" or "probably".