Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA antics

Rate this topic

Bluntly

Greetings, Hadit family

As I’m currently waiting at the BVA for my appeals, I was reading over one of my denials. The VA put down something I was never appealing, which was IU effective date. I never was challenging that, I was challenging my rating effective date, that made me IU. I was determined to be IU from my PTSD alone, so I was challenging my effective date on my PTSD and not IU.

It’s like they changed the narrative on this appeal which fits their story for a denial. They’re correct in the denial of the IU effective date because of my rating for PTSD. I clearly put down on the form what I was challenging and still have it uploaded to my file, which states PTSD effective date wrong and the year it should be. I have the evidence in my file to show that my 70 percent PTSD rating should have been a few more years prior from the date they have now, which in turn will change my IU effective date.

Is this something worth bringing to my attorney attention or just have the BVA do their due diligence and catch this error? Is this even a big deal? Thanks for your time and any insights are well appreciated.

Edited by Bluntly

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic