Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Special Alert

Rate this question

spike

Question

I know this is going to disturb a lot of people. But I guess I should inform everyone. I spoke to a very reliable VSR at the RO in Buffalo named Skip. He indicated that with everything going on and the whole direction of the Vets who are from 9/11 and Persian Gulf are Priority #1. Direction has come very recently internally to VSRs from "HEAD BOSSES" that they are to rate claims of Vets after 9/11 and then DIC claims, then others.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

yeah i was at the Ro today. They indicated to this new hiring...they get two more VSRs. I got the pointer finger pointed up and a whooo whoo....like sarcasm....with the time it takes to train these guys and by the time they can do things....they will still have a lot of time to get even more backlogged....they need to hire more than what they are just throwing to the Nation as a small bone that doesnt help

I agree with Ricky. From what I've heard the VA is having an awful time trying to obtain service records from the National Guard and reserves for veteran's returning from Afghanistan and Iraq. I do agree with Vike's point about the claims being easier to grant. There would be no need to establish continuity of symptomatology for someone who just got out of service since they either have the disability or they do not. On the flip side, I would imagine that they are probably receiving a lot of claims for aggravation of a nonservice-connected disability on the National Guard and Reserve vets. Those are probably very difficult to adjudicate from the need to get a quality examination and the degree of impairment that was present at entry into service. I have heard of many guard members who state that there is nothing wrong with them when they re-enter on to active duty knowing full well that they will get booted early and not draw their retirement if they came clean about their disability. Kind of like the old pilot "passing" the eye examination to remain on flight status.

Just my 2 cents worth ;)

Oh I forgot to add a few things. The Privacy/Correspondence team is behind in Buffalo they had 70 C-files to copy and send out.....Today the number jumped up to 130. I think there are a lot of Vets preparing for Attorney Rep effective June. They are also processing DIC claims for Dependents of Vietnam/WWII.

Maybe this will push the rediculous hemorrhoid claims to the very back of the line so actual disabilities can be rated...just a thought.

hemorrhoids are the 11th most common disability for which U.S. vets are compensatedLISA HOFFMAN, Scrippsnews.com

I've put my IU Claim in last week and my claim is in adjudication as of yesterday....What to think about that? Does everyone go to an exam for IU?

Guest jangrin

Spike,

maybe your friend that has been giving you the informatin about the VARO and how they are handling claims is helping to move your TDIU claim through quickly. I know of other people who have VA employees as friends and thier claims seem to process rather quickly. Coincidence?

The way I see it, whatever works.

Edited by jangrin